Thread: Saddam Execution...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Saddam Execution...

Its kind of weird, yeah the guy was an ass but he also appears to be the only guy on the planet that was able to control that whole country.

I can see mass fighting breaking out the second he gets hung.

This could have been handled a whole lot better than it has been imho.

Regards,

Lee

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I agree completely Lee, its actually kinda sad to see him just waiting to be hung. I mean he did horrible things, but I don't see hanging him getting Iraq anywhere.

If you have read some of his parties comments about America, and Iraq, they were pretty direct and to the point, that it was a dangerous line to cross. Its really scary to think that we could be creating a whole other islamic terrorist organization by carrying out his death sentence.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Dean,

Can you re-icq me, your message from yesterday popped up but i had to close the window as iw as uploading, unfortunately it didnt save your #

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Lee, I agree. I don't think that country is better off trying to be a democracy, and since there really were NO Weapons of Mass Destruction, NO connection to Osama Bin Laden, the US and UK had no place invading the country.

And only 3000 US soldiers, tens of thousands of Iraqis, hundreds of troops and contractors from around the world would not have needlessly died.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

maxpower
    Well ya I always thought this war was a bad idea, and now maybe people might be able to see a bit more why Saddam rule was so brutal, but this in fighting has kill far more people than he did (well the Iran Iraq war was a mess, but their again we where on Saddam’s side on that one) Seems to me violence, fear, and hatred are all that will keep these people inline, and with out a really strong leader like he was Iraq will break up into 3 parts, probably start yet another war with each other, and in the end be absorbed by the countries around it. If it was not for the invasion of Kuwait I could really see me backing this guy.

As far as the exaction its too late to stop that, we can not have a Napoleonic return to power for Saddam causing countless more lives being lost. Do not think if he gets a life sentience that things could not change 10 years down the road, and he could not be released. His death now will save many lives down the road, but leaving it alone to start with would have saved the most lives.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Lee, I agree. I don't think that country is better off trying to be a democracy, and since there really were NO Weapons of Mass Destruction, NO connection to Osama Bin Laden, the US and UK had no place invading the country.

And only 3000 US soldiers, tens of thousands of Iraqis, hundreds of troops and contractors from around the world would not have needlessly died.
    I do not think these religious fundamentalist are capable of a real democracy, it takes something they do not have, and that’s the ability to respect differences in people. Hell they are still basically fights tribal wars, its almost subhuman behavior if you ask me

marcjacob
    I heard the figure 600,000 dead due to iraq, which makes us almost as bad as he was. Maybe Bush and Blair should be tried next.

I think the one thing this war prooves to me is that countries shouldnt go to war without UN backing. If we had abided by the UNs wish, this whole sorry mess would never have happened.