Thread: Sitedepth users

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

Sitedepth users

Any guys having problems with their sitedepth over the past few days ?

My admin goes down when it cannot reach the sitedepth site and its happening too often - anyone else got the same issue ?

socks
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Yes, I have been having problems also connecting to admin sometimes. Like right now dammit!

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

samebb
    I havent logged into mine for a few days now, but when i just tried now it was very slow..

are these fully paid for copies or are they still being paid for?

i ask because i could understand the program contacting home if the program isn't fully paid for but i feel that once a license is fully paid for, another site having a problem shouldn't interfere with the working a program or script.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    They are fully paid for licensed copies.

I believe it is connecting to their server when we login to admin, to check and update the software.

I agree it shouldn't stop us from logging it if their server is down. I'm going to email and find out why they don't do that.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    SiteDepth and AWiz were actually 2 CMS solutions i was looking at prior to having my own coded, i decided the fact that SiteDepth had to read from their server (and who knows passing what info to them from mine) and that AWiz needed full server access, even after they had installed the script, that they werent viable options for my business at the time.

I have never understood the need for 3rd parties to read/write data to someone elses server, thats a HIGH security risk imho.

Regards,

Lee

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

Fix

Here is a fix for the sitedepth problem when you cannot connect to your admin:

index.php?action=Websites

pop that at the end of your norm admin url and you will get access to your admin.

Turns out they are 'looking' at alternative hosting - that was the reply I got on my second email about this situation to their support.

If at any point you need them and its a time when their site is down again you cannot email them, as it will just bounce back - go to their support desk:

sitedepth.crmdesk.net

socks
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website

Macord
    Hello,

Actually SD only contact our server to check for updates, we do not pass any information server-to-server other than the new updates ( i.e. your current SD version, and the current stable released version ). This check has a timeout of 60 seconds, if at any given point the checks times out this may cause your homepage to present you with an error message or with a blank page, however as stated within this thread, this only happens on the homepage, and you can bypass this by directing yourself to any other page within the system such as the website manager by directing your browser to index.php?action=Websites or to the galleries page which can be access through index.php?action=Galleries

Best regards,

Alfredo

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Thank you for the update Alfredo.

I just got my SD Upgraded to SD4 version which fixes some issues and it runs better for me... thanks for the update.

For anyone running SiteDepth, I was told by Alfredo that anyone submitting a support request can request to make sure his files are upgraded to the latest release version which solves some previously known issues.