Thread: New Rules for 2007

Stephanie

New Rules for 2007

A friend sent me this email... some of these are pretty darn funny

New Rule:
    Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years.
    Because you don't particularly like them! Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days -- mowing my lawn.

New Rule:
    Don't eat anything that's served to you out a
    window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain? Lobster?

New Rule:
    Stop saying that teenage boys who have sex with their hot, 24 year old, blonde teachers are permanently damaged. I have a better description for these kids: "Lucky bastards."

New Rule:
    If you need to shave and you still collect baseball cards, you're a
    dope.
    If you're a kid, the cards are keepsakes of your idols.
    If you're a grown man, they're pictures of men.

New Rule:
    Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much
    men care about your eyebrows: Do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.
    OK, now THIS one I have to argue against wholeheartedly. No shruberies on your face girls... keep 'em thin and curved and pretty, even if you aren't and you WILL get more looks...

New Rule:
    There's no such thing as flavored water.
    There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but
    without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule:
    Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a
    redesigned pill bottle that's square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his ass will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis

New Rule:
    The more complicated the Starbucks order,
    the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a
    "decaf grande, half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low, and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge asshole.

New Rule:
    I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card,
    entering my PIN number, pressing "Enter," verifying the amount, deciding, no, I don't want cash back, and pressing "Enter" again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

New Rule:
    Just because a woman's tattoo has
    Chinese characters in it doesn't make her spiritual. It's right above the crack of her ass. And it translates to "beef with broccoli." The last time she did anything spiritual, she was praying to God she wasn't pregnant. She's not spiritual. She's just high.

New Rule:
    Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins.
    ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait. They're already doing that. It's called "The Howard Stern Show."

New Rule:
    I don't need a bigger mega M&Ms.
    If I'm extra hungry for M&Ms, I'll just splurge and eat two.

New Rule:
    If you're going to insist on making movies based on crappy, old
    television shows, then you have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote so we can see what's playing on the other screens. Let's remember the reason something was a television show in the first place is that the idea wasn't good enough to be a movie.

New Rule:
    No more gift registries.
    You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's the white people version of looting.

New Rule:
    And this one is long overdue: No more
    bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your web cam, dude. I just want to wash my hands.

New Rule:
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "27 months." "He's two" will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.

Paco
    LOL - I just weewee'd all over the place!
    Thanks for the chuckle.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    And I just joined Paco in his weeweeing. That was priceless!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    ^ you and me go weeing in the dark,
    lying on our backs just counting the stars..

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    ^ you and me go weeing in the dark,
    lying on our backs just counting the stars..
    Hmmm, actually that don't sound so bad. :donmike: :cheekymonkey:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years.
    Because you don't particularly like them!
    Too true.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: Do you have two of them? Okay, we're done. OK, now THIS one I have to argue against wholeheartedly. No shruberies on your face girls... keep 'em thin and curved and pretty, even if you aren't and you WILL get more looks...
    This rule will never take. Cause women don't do all that stuff for men, they do it because they know they're being judged by other women.

Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    This rule will never take. Cause women don't do all that stuff for men, they do it because they know they're being judged by other women.

I kinda agree with you. Although, I never bothered with "girly" stuff until my mid 20's. I remember asking a friend how to apply eyeliner when I was around 23 yrs. old.
    I think gals tend to do things to appeal to both sexes (as well as themselves).

I kinda agree with you. Although, I never bothered with "girly" stuff until my mid 20's. I remember asking a friend how to apply eyeliner when I was around 23 yrs. old.
    I think gals tend to do things to appeal to both sexes (as well as themselves).
    That's an insightful explaination.

Now explain that "phone voice" thing. You know, a gal can be yelling and cussing everyone in the room out, but when the phone rings she answers with a voice that is the epitome of sweetness and light "Hello ...?"

Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    That's an insightful explaination.

Now explain that "phone voice" thing. You know, a gal can be yelling and cussing everyone in the room out, but when the phone rings she answers with a voice that is the epitome of sweetness and light "Hello ...?"
    That's not a girl thing. I do that too. LOL! I have a very different and distinct phone voice and it freaks my friends out with they call the office. LOL!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    That's not a girl thing. I do that too. LOL! I have a very different and distinct phone voice and it freaks my friends out with they call the office. LOL!
    LOL I have to admit using the fake "sick" and "tired" phone voice depending on the situation.