Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My farewell post...

Goldie

My farewell post...

I know I was not the most active user of these boards, but I was getting more in touch with the industry and working with many of you. In case you noticed I wasn't around lately, that is because of what happened on December 15th... I was suddenly laid off from XonDemand as part of their downsizing in moving everything to North Carolina. They eliminated my job along with two others (in a small company with only about 10 employees to begin with).

Even though I no longer work in this industry, I did want to make a good bye post to all the people I used to work with because I felt it was the polite thing to do because so many people were nice to me, I didn't just want to leave the party without saying good-bye first.

Oh yeah, the worst part... XonDemand laid me off VIA E-MAIL! At 4PM on a Friday! And before I could post a farewell message on my blog, they changed my password so I couldn't edit or update it. Nice way to handle it after working there over 2-1/2 years.

So needless to say I am not happy with how this was handled. Although to be honest, the writing is on the wall for XOD so this wasn't a total shock either. After 3+ years in business, they are nowhere near where they need to be to even make a profit yet and sales were basically flat for over 6 months in a row. Just a heads up for all of you still partnered with them.

So now, I am trying to look for a new job. I had one interview so far, and was told I would be getting a 2nd interview, but that hasn't happened yet. I am being told it should come next week, as I know someone who works there and he is keeping me posted as beat as he can. But I thought the first one went really well, so I am being optimistic it will happen, and this is just a slow time of the year with the holidays and stuff. I am on unemployment as of now, for up to 6 months. And luckily I do not need to go on Cobra to keep my health benefits. I am able to go on my partner's since his company allows for domestic partner benefits. Which will save me close to $200 a month alone.

So that is the unfortunate reason my blog has not been updated and I vanished from sight from the boards and any e-mails I may have been sent. I still do check the adult boards from time to time just because I have nothing else to do.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, please send me a PM and I'll get you my personal e-mail address, as my XOD one also has been shut off.

Oh yeah, a week after this happened... I was named in XBiz as one of the Top 100 Newsmakers in the Adult Industry in 2006. Kinda funny how that happened right after I was let go. Oh well, as far as I see it, it is XOD's loss...

Take care,

Marc "Goldie" Goldberg

Dzinerbear
    Hey Goldie,

I'm sorry to hear that and e-mail termination is very uncool.

Check out this post, Bear Films is looking to hire someone:

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=21408

Good Luck
    Michael

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    that sucks Goldie

Cam and I need to re-think our relationship with XonDemand now that you are not there - I mean, if they drop you with no warning by e-mail, who's to say they won't treat us as producers and content providers the same way, without courtesy and respect...

We are really sorry to hear this and wish you luck - don't hesitate to look us up if you head on out our way - Beverly Hills ain't that bad you know...

Anthony DeAngelo and Cameron Cruise

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Goldie,

I wondered what happened to you!!! I won't be sending any more of my films to XonDemand. First, because you are gone... and seond, because The Dicks of Hazzard made $5 there in a month. FIVE EFFING DOLLARS!

It made $4000.00 on AEBN.

The marketing there is bullshit. I am unhappy how all of my titles have been treated so far.

And SD_Robert knows how I am when I am unhappy with how my titles are treated. He got to deal with it first hand when he was at AEBN.

Sorry to see you go, Goldie. You are not out of the industry just yet. I am sure there are MANY companies in the adult world who will bring you on.

If you know Final Cut Pro, you can get a job with Corbin Fisher and move to San Diego!!!

:-)

R.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

That really sucks Goldie. An e-mailed lay off letter is really crude and rude particularly during the holiday season.

That totally sucks Goldie. I hope you can find another job real soon!

wow, very shitty news. Good luck I am sure you will find something quickly!

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    My god could they be anymore tacky. What a horrible way to lay you off not to mention the timing. I'm very sorry to hear about that happened but it sounds like their loss. I wish you the best of luck.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    That sucks. And it does make you wonder about "XonDemand"

Goldie
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    That sucks. And it does make you wonder about "XonDemand"
    Thanks everyone for all the nice things you have said. Guess I was starting to make an impact in my short time in this industry after all. If only I could move to California, sounds like there would be a lot of opportunities for me to persue. Unfortunately, that is not an option at this point. Maybe some day.

And trust me, you don't know the half of what I do about XonDemand and some of the things they have done to get where they are now. That's all I will say about that for now on a public message board...

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Trust me, you don't know the half of what I do about XonDemand and some of the things they have done to get where they are now. That's all I will say about that for now on a public message board...
    Come on man let the XonDemand bashing begin :snake:

WegCash Robert
    Sorry to hear that Goldie! I would contact AEBN and see if they are hiring. Rocky! You have never been so right! I hated your calls! Don't even get on his bad side !! I still love ya though!!

xoxoo

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Rocky View Post
    Goldie,

I wondered what happened to you!!! I won't be sending any more of my films to XonDemand. First, because you are gone... and seond, because The Dicks of Hazzard made $5 there in a month. FIVE EFFING DOLLARS!

It made $4000.00 on AEBN.

The marketing there is bullshit. I am unhappy how all of my titles have been treated so far.

And SD_Robert knows how I am when I am unhappy with how my titles are treated. He got to deal with it first hand when he was at AEBN.

Sorry to see you go, Goldie. You are not out of the industry just yet. I am sure there are MANY companies in the adult world who will bring you on.

If you know Final Cut Pro, you can get a job with Corbin Fisher and move to San Diego!!!

:-)

R.

pocoloco78
    Sorry to hear this Goldie. That's a fucked up way to loose your job.
    I think it says more about XonDemand.

Hope you will find yourself another job soon and I hope you will be "back on board" soon.

sebslopro

Wow!

Marc, you've been there with me as a friend from the get go. I loved working with you. You really are a great guy. Your personable, funny, fun to talk to, I feel like I could talk to you about anything. You have an award winning personality! And that will get you another job I'm sure. I keep you in my prayers and something will work out.

Thank you for such a beautiful friendship! You better keep in touch fucker!

I own a production studio, I am a webmaster (I'm not the best, but it works). I had my titles with XonDemand myself. I had them with XonDemand for about 2-3 weeks. I only made chump change on my catalog of titles. I e-mailed XonDemand and because I left them and went exclusive with AEBN for the offer AEBN offered me, XonDemand refused to pay me.

I think XonDemand treats their studios like shit. And I'm more pissed at them for how they treated you Marc. I seen how much you worked for them and how much you went over and beyond for XonDemand. And I must say that's extremely low of them to just treat you like that and dump you like that. And the nerve that they emailed you to let you know you were laid off. Atleast have some decensy to call you! Shit!

This industry is very scandalous. Majority of the people that are in this industry are about competition and who they have to fuck over to get to the top. And those companies that fuck people over aren't going to make it. And clearly, XonDemand isn't going to make it. And I hope they don't.

I released, "The Sex Adventures of Brad Stone and Austin Hunt" with everyone at the same time. It released a week later on AEBN because of the time frame. I made almost $1800.00 on AEBN. For XonDemand I made $14.44 no lie. This is why I went exclusive with AEBN and accepted their exclusive offer. It was nothing against you. I have overhead costs, and models don't come cheap.

Keep in touch Marc! You have my AIM screen name, phone number, email, and your only about 20 mins. down the road from my house... Come over sometime - have a drink and we'll do dinner. The offer always stands :-)
    FYI... You missed a kick ass party over here on New Years!
    :fool: :cheerleader: :bananacock: :bananacock: :cheerleader: :bananacock: :goof: :tubgirl:

Goldie
    Wow, everytime I come back there are more replies and my head gets bigger, so really thank you all for the kind words. Yeah, I never wanted to leave my job, so that is why this effected me personally as well as professionally. I liked what I did and I loved meeting so many great people as a result. I am trying to be as respectful about this as I can because trust me, there is much worse stuff I could be saying right now if I really wanted to.

And in regards to the reply above this... All I can say is... I agree with everything he said. While somewhat new to the party, he has a great knowledge of this industry and was smart enough to get out on his own before it was too late.

So I'm not telling anyone else what to do with their content and links, but I think you know how I feel about it at this point. But I do ask anyone who had linked to Goldie's Gay Galaxy to go ahead and please remove it since the blog is dead and it just links back to XOD anyway. No need to promote it anymore in my opinion. And ironically, the blog was really increasing in hits every week right up until my exit and even had some of its highest ever traffic right after I stopped updating it. Again, go figure, just as things are doing well, that's when they pull the plug on it. :uhoh:

Thanks again everyone, I will continue to monitor this board and hopefully will be back to let you all know I got a new job soon!

Marc