Thread: 3 downloads at a time...

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar

3 downloads at a time...

Anyone noticed how, when downloading videos (or any other large multimedia files, actually) from a website, you're often capped at 3 active downloads at a time? You can build up a queue, but only 3 of the files will actually be downloading concurrently.

Is that a server side setting? A browser setting?

Apart from download programs or firefox plugins or any such sort of "extra" thing to get around that, does anyone know whether you can configure your browser to let ya download more than 3 files from a site at any given time or whether you can configure a site to allow your visitors to do so?

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The only way i know how to do it is to download a file for IE that lets you download 10 at a time.

The problem is, i cant remember what its called or where i found it from (i think it was adultcontent.ca but imnot sure).

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If CF was PHP-based, you could use mod_choke, which is designed specifically for this purpose.

http://os.cyberheatinc.com/mod_choke.php

but since I think you guys are stuck on a crappy Micro$oft ASP platform this won't work. I believe there's something somewhat similar in Apache settings, but no clue about IIS.

JustBryce
    A lot of the filesharing services track the number of downloads by IP address and won't allow subsequent requests if there is already a download occuring on that IP address... that is unless you upgrade from the free service to the paid one and then one of the perks is unlimited downloads without the IP restriction.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    On my one computer I can download with quite a few windows at once as long as I have alot of browser windows open. Try opening a bunch of of browser windows and see if that makes it so you can download more than 3 at a time.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    it's a setting in windows. google 'internet explorer max download limit' or something like that and you'll see how to 'hack' it to 10+ downloads from the same server.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Sweet. Thanks for all the info, everyone! I'll check your suggestions out

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men