Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevs Cave.com?

maxpower

Kevs Cave.com?

Does anyone know who runs this site, I see so many of the board members sites around, but I have seen KevsCave.com even when they where with UGAS (I think UGAS rejecting these sites was the first step into the decline of almost ALL AVS service as a whole, but thats a another story) they must have been around for over 10 years+. Just a old school curiosity I guess

http://www.kevscave.com/ :wtf:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Does anyone know who runs this site
    Um... Kev.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Um... Kev.

Who is Kev.? is he on this bourd or anything? or is this a bad site to talk about

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Who is Kev.? is he on this bourd or anything? or is this a bad site to talk about
    It was just a joke.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    It was just a joke.
    So you don’t really know either hu, its weird I seen his sites forever and unlike most people I have never talked to him or knew who he was. Maybe it's not an American company or something, sites are really simple. :fucked:

maxpower
    The only thing I can dig up like a year ago they were to be sued or something, maybe why they are not around ever.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...t=KevsCave.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The guy that runs or ran KevsCave has been around forever. He used to have a combination of free sites containing content he licensed from various sites, affiliate upsell deals, and licensed content. I corresponded with him a few times in the early days (before we were Gaybucks) when we were marketing Boyfunk.

He got in trouble with Titan for allegedly using some of their content without permission. We got served a subpoena because he had been one of our affiliates. At the time (year and a half ago), the site was offline, but I think it's back online now. Not sure if it was sold or if it's the original guy.

maxpower
    I really hope he did not have to sell or lost his site, I can understand people protecting themselves “Titan” just hate to see people ever take things that far. I truly hope they might have come to a understanding like adults, and moved on. Just makes me sick when we try to kill each other. I am sure this guy has a prospective on the net that would surpass 95% of guys I can imagine. Anyone that has just looked around has seen his work from back of the day of teencocks.com and alltwinks.com and even before then, but can not talk to much before that. 1998-1999 or so. This line of work is so weird in that way that the late 90”s are accent history to me I guess anyway. I am sure some of us have been around before this, I remember my first real .com was such a big deal at the time, and had been working about a year before I even got one But.....

I look at his creation date Date: 22-oct-1999 and my first .com 21-Mar-2000 hell even Steven started about the same time citiboyz Record created on 19-Apr-1999. And UGAS Record created on 25-Jan-1999.
    I can not explain it but just makes me feel nostalgic or connected with in some weird way. Denies at hunkhunters has been around the longest I know of Record created on 17-Apr-1997. Linkmeallover.ca JUB I can not find records but I would say it was 2001 or 2002.

maxpower
    BTW I had to look this bourd Record created on 07-07-1999 :bunny:

pocoloco78
    Maxpower, you have a PM. Hope that helps you.

wnc
    Hello Max

I recall Kevin. There was a time when I lived in the USA state of Florida and was trying to build a state-wide gay webmaster network, around 1998, after a recent attempt eventually failed by a man in Seattle to create a national organization.

Only memory, Kevin was French-Canadian, and lived in the Saint Petersburg area of Florida with a lover, some very years ago. WHOIS seems to indicate to me that he is back in Canada, maybe due to lawsuits.

Over the years, he made a lot of money via AVS using images he had no right, nor permission to expose.

I looked at his new site tonight, thanks to you, and smile... don't it look quite very simple.

400 thousand images is advertised. Asking for a donation. Hmmmm

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by wnc View Post
    I recall Kevin. There was a time when I lived in the USA state of Florida and was trying to build a state-wide gay webmaster network, around 1998, after a recent attempt eventually failed by a man in Seattle to create a national organization.
    IGGW was definately a good attempt at building a gay webmaster netwok unfortunately they went about it all wrong, Gary even offer to help them back in '97 when he first launched GWW and from what im told, they laughed at him saying GWW wouldnt last more than a few months... almost 10 years on and IGGW is no longer

Regards,

Lee

wnc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    IGGW was definately a good attempt at building a gay webmaster netwok unfortunately they went about it all wrong, Gary even offer to help them back in '97 when he first launched GWW and from what im told, they laughed at him saying GWW wouldnt last more than a few months... almost 10 years on and IGGW is no longer
    I always wondered... excuse me... if YOUR GARY was the SAME GARY. I suspected such, he seemingly being a like-minded financial sponser.

By my aged memory... IGGW... Edward or Edwin, name sadly lost to me since he passed away via Aids long ago.

Please thank Gary for his past support of IGGW. He may recall me as the one starting the Florida-state chapter in '98 and it became popular, but IGGW wanted full central control.

IGGW was a concept perhaps before its time. Is now the time?

Please extend my grateful thanks to GARY for his investment in the past and for this, gaywidewebmasters.

maxpower
    That was kind of cold Lee, we could say that about so many other people too over the years.

But WTF is this IGGW stuff, is it like the Gay Teamsters or something?

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I think it's International Guild of Gay Webmasters

and kevscave = biggest content thief eva. Funny thing is I think someone said he licensed some videos which started showing up somewhere and whined about it. Or maybe my imagination wants it to be that way
    :luke: