Thread: anyone got big traffic?

anyone got big traffic?

My datacenter has offered me a fantastic deal on 100mbps servers. These are 100mbps unmetered, true dedicated, unshared, non-overcommitted, multihomed bandwidth servers. These servers would be ideal for serving up TGP/MGP galleries or video files.

If you are keen on a great deal, let me know!

cheers,
    Luke

Paco
    damn-it Jim...

a little to late - we just switched.

b_uh_Mmmmm_puh! :luke:

Xstr8guy
    Do I need one of these yet, maestro?

Not yet, Jim, unless you want to start doing a boatload of movie galleries, either submits or freehosted.

Paco, not interested in changing again?

FYI, 100Mbps means the ability to push upto ~30TB per month.

cheers,
    Luke

wnc
    Congrats on the good news from your datahost. I have read only the best of comments about your customer service (company team).

Alas, I am still with a host that Lee wishes to remain un-named here. They have served me well over the past few years, after LIKE WHOA failed. I do prefer New York location for my server.

But I still have a minor service issue, open since November, lost ticket perhaps (smile).

Soon I will open a new ticket, cc:owner, after having advising the tech assigned to the ticket that it remained unresolved. That particular tech is wonderful and has taken care of me for years, but I think he now is overwhelmed with work.

CONGRATS once again to you CHILIHOST.

I am not ready to take advantage of your new bandwidth, though as a webmaster, it certainly is enticing. Hopefully soon in the future.

babymaker
    whats the cost and would it be able to host a tube type of site with good traffic??

OK here's the full deal:

P4 2.8Ghz/1MB HT Intel processor
    1GB DDR RAM
    2X 250GB SATA Disks
    100Mbps fully committed, non-overbooked multihomed bandwidth
    2 IP addresses
    Linux Enterprise Level OS 4.4, cPanel control panel
    fully managed, maintained and monitored, including 24.7 helpdesk service
    $1200/mo

Terms: Server takes approx 5 days to get delivered and setup. First month's payment is required when the server is ordered. This offer expires Jan 15th, but may be withdrawn earlier depending on demand.

wnc, thanks for the kind words, I am glad you are happy with your hosting services and hopefully you can get your issue resolved quickly!

babymaker, this server is ideal for pushing lots of bandwidth without an intense amount of processing. If your plan is to provide near-instant video conversions using ffmpeg/mplayer you may want to look at a dual processor server with more ram. If you are able to do the video conversions offline (or on a separate server) this one would be ideal for your needs. We can provide a custom quote for any setup, just email me on sales@chilihost.com

cheers,
    Luke

lots of storange, too, i see!

nice for someone with a couple simpler paysites or tons of galleries.