Thread: What's up with crappy service from sponsors?

Dzinerbear

What's up with crappy service from sponsors?

"Originally posted by southernexposure in the post "What's up with GMP?"[/i]
    [B]

Apr 2 2004 3:17PM
    OUT OF THE OFFICE
    I will be out of the office from Monday, April 5 - Thursday, April 15."

Well thanks for this, it would have been nice if someone at GMP's site's help desk had let me know Scott was out of the office when I e-mailed them two weeks ago.

"They take forever to reply to an e-mail or approve you sites.. So plan on them sitting there for a week before they are approved...
    Yes they are slow but.. the .05 PPP is well worth the wait.. I wished all AEN's would move to that model.."

AND YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE???

Unbelievable. Why are we so willing to accept really bad service? Yes, I understand they might be converting for you, but would you stand in a line at Walmart for a week with a $49 DVD player in hand while the cashier stood there filing her nails and ignoring you?

Tony's biting sarcasm is a big part of the reason why I stopped promoting Butt Machine Boys a couple of months ago. They weren't converting all that well for me, and I thought, "I don't need this."

Another company who sells online video watching time replied to my post when I made a big stink here about not hearing from them. Suddenly they were eager to help. In a few days when the heat cooled down, they were back to ignoring me, so I met Reena and joined Naked Sword – she's absolutely amazing – and dumped the other guys.

So tell me, do you think we need to just put up with bad service? Do the sponsors get to call all of the shots? What do you think, I'd love to know.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

i think that the companies i make most of my money from do NOT have excellent customer service. unfortunately the places that have had the best customer service have not had sites that sell or retain for me.

i don't promote anyone i can't reach at all or who is rude to me, and i don't promote any program owned by someone into hate, but ultimately i'm in business to make money, not to have my ego stroked.

no, i wouldn't wait three weeks to hear back from someone, but i would have called their office - not just sent email. my experience is that if you call, you generally get instant assistance. face it - some people suck with email.

gel
    The bottom line is the paycheck. If they pay me money I put up with hassle. If they don't pay me I don't ptomote them.
    but ya know what. The sponsors that I make money with are the ones that give me good service. I don't think that's a coincidence.

As for Tony I must of missed those posts. I have never had problem with him personally. He's alwwys answered my question promptly and professionally.

RainGurl
    As the industry continues to become more competitive, adult companies are going to have to start paying more attenting to customer service - for both affiliates and members. There are too many options out there right now for affiliates and surfers alike to have to put up with egos and hassles. Affiliates are what keep pay sites in business and they deserve to be treated with respect. It is definitely worth it to spend a little extra in payroll to have someone continually available to help the people that are making the money for them.

Also, Reena at Naked Sword is great. I have worked with her for a while and she has always been available, helpful and willing to go the extra mile. :groovy:

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by basschick
    i don't promote anyone i can't reach at all or who is rude to me, and i don't promote any program owned by someone into hate, but ultimately i'm in business to make money, not to have my ego stroked.

And I'm not looking to get my ego stroked either. I think we all learn pretty quickly when working for ourselves and building sites that a pay cheque is pretty much all we can expect in terms of feedback.

But at the same time, when I have legitimate questions or legitimate ideas to help us all make money, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an answer.

Sometimes, however, if we stop promoting a sponsor we're just hurting ourselves. I've got a bear sponsor (BearBound.com) that has excellent original content, they have a nice site, and they're converting well, but I've got four unanswered e-mails from three different people on that site. If I stop promoting them, I'm only hurting myself. But it sure is frustrating.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by basschick
    face it - some people suck with email.
    Ill hold my hand up to that LOL

Luckily not with affiiate emails, they do usually get answered within 24 hours or less.

But yeah im absolutely hate email thats why i usually ask people to PM or ICQ me through forum functions, i know i have a better chance of replying on ICQ or PM than i do in email

Regards,

Lee