Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living in a RV?

maxpower

Living in a RV?

Any of you guys start off your photograph experience with living in and using a RV to save money on the models you can fine with one travailing around North America (after 6 months of practice with the cam). Is this a bad idea or going to be a nightmare? Seems I could right it off, and I could go to fresh places and after I run out of people I can use then just move on. I would think getting models in Iowa or some place fresh would be a good idea, and cheaper.

Have I gone way to far into becoming white trash or what? Is it best to fly, get a motel room (guess you might need one anyway most of the time) and hope they show up? If I say in the area like 20-30 days then it my be easier to actually get most of them to show up/recruited

Gay is the new Black
    "All the Trailer park boy go round the outside"

I would get an Atlas and marking states where things are illegal and the activity of photographing/filming solo, duo, and hardcore could get you into trouble.

However, I could see you finding some real cute guys at RV Camping Grounds around the country.
    Be Who You Are!

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post

Remember blowing Bubbles when you were a younger?

told me to say thanks
    (sorry - I simply could not resist)

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Max,

I don't think this is a bad idea. We've actually considered doing the same thing.

You do need to keep a good handle on where you're likely to have trouble with the cops, and I would suggest (if you're shooting in the RV) getting some fluorescent video lighting so you won't blow the breaker on the power supply to the RV. (Check out www.fotodiox.com)

If you really plan it out well, you can take out small ads in the local newspapers and particularly in the "penny saver" free weekly newspapers a couple weeks before you're going to be in a given town. Have the listed number go to a voicemail service that explains what you're looking for and the details of pay and so forth, then give your cell number at the end of the recording. It will save you repeating the same shit a million times, and also save you the grief of talking to the guys who don't want to jerk off for the camera.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Bill and John from HDK have been doing this on and off for the last couple of years from what i recall, they were definately doing it in Vegas and although i never had the opportunity to go see them in the RV im told it really was a home away from home for them.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Bill and John from HDK have been doing this on and off for the last couple of years from what i recall, they were definately doing it in Vegas and although i never had the opportunity to go see them in the RV im told it really was a home away from home for them.

Regards,

Lee
    Ya I wish I could afford both, but with all the models, and other extra expensive like the RV itself, it would just take longer than I would like. I bet I can get a huge RV on 20 year loan, then take it back in 2 years or something. Sure I would lose some money on the traded in but, still bet I can get a deal on one.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Max,

I don't think this is a bad idea. We've actually considered doing the same thing.

You do need to keep a good handle on where you're likely to have trouble with the cops, and I would suggest (if you're shooting in the RV) getting some fluorescent video lighting so you won't blow the breaker on the power supply to the RV. (Check out www.fotodiox.com)

If you really plan it out well, you can take out small ads in the local newspapers and particularly in the "penny saver" free weekly newspapers a couple weeks before you're going to be in a given town. Have the listed number go to a voicemail service that explains what you're looking for and the details of pay and so forth, then give your cell number at the end of the recording. It will save you repeating the same shit a million times, and also save you the grief of talking to the guys who don't want to jerk off for the camera.
    Those are excellent ideas man, I am going to definitely start looking more into this stuff. Its really hard to get new models from what I get, well models we can use on our sites anyway. Do think filming on and off the RV is a good idea, I can think of all kinda of cool reality stuff to hide my inexperience with photograph.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post

I would get an Atlas and marking states where things are illegal and the activity of photographing/filming solo, duo, and hardcore could get you into trouble.

However, I could see you finding some real cute guys at RV Camping Grounds around the country.
    Was really thinking like Chip, as well as online of course, but my door will be always open to any cute guys on the road that need a few bucks. I am going to have to make sure how far I can take things legally, my tendencies really could get me in trouble with themes.

Randall Shamp

good idea?

Max, I like the idea but are you not worried about legel stuff like consent forms and copies of id's and all?

Im just a designer i dont know the inner workings of an adult site.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Nothing about shooting content in an RV that travels around the country would inhibit one's ability to get proper ID and release forms from the models... there are a million photographers that go from city to city shooting content.

Randall Shamp
    kewl i was just a wonderen

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Nothing about shooting content in an RV that travels around the country would inhibit one's ability to get proper ID and release forms from the models... there are a million photographers that go from city to city shooting content.
    Ya thats not the things I worry about most, I think about things like how good will these satellite net connections be, how much will it cost to operate the RV, the power supply of the RV, can I tow my jeep, am I going to get in trouble for doing shoots in this state/country for 2-3 weeks then leave, and the availability/affordability of guys 18-22 I can use in shoots.

I know what I am talking about has to be a basic or first dream of many photographers, but really hope million photographers are not doing the same thing.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Hi there

I was wondering if Max needs different model-contracts for some of the states he *could* visit on his way?

Max: it would be hell of a trip and VERY beautiful but also hard work

DEV....
    :-D

Randall Shamp
    to me it sounds like a great way to do as long as you can overcome your logistical problems. Stop on by on your way

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Hi there

I was wondering if Max needs different model-contracts for some of the states he *could* visit on his way?

Max: it would be hell of a trip and VERY beautiful but also hard work

DEV....
    I am wondering how much it really matters to as long as I get the fuck out of Mississippi or something quick. As long as the are 18+ and not having sex with a dog or something I should be fine for a few weeks anyway I hope. :fucked:

THe hard work is easy, and yes I am sure it would be beautiful I have to stay way south in the winter though. Not sure how much "fun" it would be after 3 months, but think I could get some real good work done. I have to make my own content soon, no way around it I can see anymore. If I want to even attempt to run a first class service now days I need huge amounts of exclusive content that will be almost impossible to get or afford in any area for very long anyway. I am sure I can work this area for like 6 or maybe 8 months and get some good practice, but I know the pond will dry up quick.