Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webmaster Living Dead?

maxpower

Webmaster Living Dead?

I was just wondering how if at all other webmaster back-up their sites incase they die? I mean do you have someone that will take over your sites, like relatives or something, or do your law office keep the sites going after you die for all the affiliates, and members? Maybe it’s kind of weird but as I think about it, I want things to keep going after I am dead if at all possible. :rip:

Making Pain Pay!

Lovely...

Lovely thought.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

maxpower
    Well everyone dies man, and if your with a partner at the time how much longer would he or she really live way, and could they run your sites? I dont have anyone that can run my sites, I guess if I had a top employee (non relative) I would leave it to them, and make sure they had to do the same.

desslock
    One of the things people attempt to do is to create a legacy.

For example, the Potuguese will go down in history as leaving practically no legacy in their former colonies. Whereas, if you go to former British colonies, like Inida or Sri Lanka, and you'll see their legacy everywhere.

Part of the point of creating a successful business is to create a legacy that goes beyond the creator. Some people are good at building such a thing, others are not.

It's really a matter of whether you want to build an enterprise that goes above and beyond yourself.

Steve

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    One of the things people attempt to do is to create a legacy.

For example, the Potuguese will go down in history as leaving practically no legacy in their former colonies.
    Never thought about that. But it's true ... what did they leave that makes you think of them in the countries they built? Even when someone speaks Portuguese half the time you think it's Spanish.

Xstr8guy
    Really, if you think about... how many of our sites will still be here in 5 years? The internet is full of dead sites and 5 years is a long time in the online world. But then again, we may die tomorrow. In that case, I better make out my website will.

depressing thought

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Really, if you think about... how many of our sites will still be here in 5 years? The internet is full of dead sites and 5 years is a long time in the online world. But then again, we may die tomorrow. In that case, I better make out my website will.

depressing thought
    If I am alive and not in jail my sites will stay up, I have no plans to go anyplace not sure what else I could do anyway have been a webmaster for most my adult life. :specs:

Yet I am sure they will change many times

Paco
    if I am dead, or have died, why would or should I care?

My skis mean more to me, and I am not worried about what they'll be up to once I am gone.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    My skis mean more to me, and I am not worried about what they'll be up to once I am gone.
    Some jerk or relative I don't like skiing all around on MY skiis. Yeah I'd come back as a poltergeist over that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    if I am dead, or have died, why would or should I care?

You're not taking them with you?!!?!!?!
    :cheekymonkey:

maxpower
    I guess my mind set is different here, I hope the bigger programs have worked out this thought though. Who wants their life work distorted or destroyed soon after the die by lawyers or random people that gain control over your projects. If your a Employee then I can really see why you might not get this, but the owners I hope are going to take more responsibility here to insure a better future for very one, not just some narcissistic view. :toff:

Gay is the new Black
    Max,

At some point, if this is a main issue to you, you will need to form a Corp and assign stock to a board.

In the event of your death, the members of your board will advance rank based on their position withing the committee.

If this is something you do, make sure you are the bulk shareholder so your vote trumps a 51 to 49 event situation.
    Be Who You Are!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Max,

At some point, if this is a main issue to you, you will need to form a Corp and assign stock to a board.

In the event of your death, the members of your board will advance rank based on their position withing the committee.

If this is something you do, make sure you are the bulk shareholder so your vote trumps a 51 to 49 event situation.
    Well not sure I or many people can or will do that, what about hunkhunter, gaydemon, citiboyz, intensecash, and countless other programs that could disappear over night in case of a death. What about the EMP's, affiliates, other webmasters, and the community as a whole if they do not give a shit what happens after they die. Not sure at all, this up or down voting crap will work in this line of work anyway. :innocent:

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Not sure at all, this up or down voting crap will work in this line of work anyway. :innocent:
    Well you asked how it's done. Unless you have a family member or partner (friend or boyfriend) set up to run the site with a full understanding of updates and process, I don't think you have much option other than "F'it, I'm dead!"

In scenario, my partner will run it, you should have a business plan and detail of operations for then to refer for business understanding.

To think an adult business doesn't have a board of trusties is a little odd. Maybe you just haven't seen anyone talking about it as open as "Our treasurer" - "Our director"

But in fact, there are working business' in adult who use the Board platform.

Lee,

Am I right to assume You are on a board of some type?
    Be Who You Are!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Well you asked how it's done. Unless you have a family member or partner (friend or boyfriend) set up to run the site with a full understanding of updates and process, I don't think you have much option other than "F'it, I'm dead!"

In scenario, my partner will run it, you should have a business plan and detail of operations for then to refer for business understanding.

To think an adult business doesn't have a board of trusties is a little odd. Maybe you just haven't seen anyone talking about it as open as "Our treasurer" - "Our director"

But in fact, there are working business' in adult who use the Board platform.

Lee,

Am I right to assume You are on a board of some type?
    That is really odd too me, I have never really dealt with boards or anything but the site owner himself exempt maybe when they have allot of EMP’s like Ccbill. If they are around not very many of them, this game is really new. To me this type of work is too edgy, radical, fluid, and above all NEW to have treasurer or director’s yet.

My point is that we have a new start here, are we going to set a good example or have a group of guys in suits sitting around some walnut oval conference table running things, to me that’s what’s really weird. :crazyeyes: