Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you call it when pics change after you refresh a page...

Making Pain Pay!

What do you call it when pics change after you refresh a page...

I was wondering what you call it when you visit a site and all their pics change when you refresh the page. I want to know how to do this for the free preview areas of my site, but I don't know what it is called, so I don't know where to begin researching how it is done.

I tried to google "pictures change when site is refreshed how to" and a million other variations, but nothing seems to help. Thanks.

MY IGNORANCE:whip:
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Simplest way I know of to do it is with a little PHP script that randomly pulls pics from a database and inserts them into the HTML for the page when the page is refreshed.

There are also some Javacript tools that will do that.

maxpower
    I wonder how complicated a set-up I can do with that?

It's a rotator script. Usually those can be setup to change an image or text on a page load.

maxpower
    What about changing the whole html for that page? Basically a whole new page? :fucked:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Same thing... the rotator script can rotate an image, a bunch of images, or the entire page...

Xstr8guy
    go to www.dynamicdrive.com and try some of those. I use a couple scripts I picked up from there.

maxpower
    So what’s wrong with it? I mean why do more sites not do that? Does it not help sales very much? I like the idea, but all I need is more work, and this could be allot of work yet still do like this :crazyeyes:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    So what’s wrong with it? I mean why do more sites not do that? Does it not help sales very much? I like the idea, but all I need is more work, and this could be allot of work yet still do like this :crazyeyes:
    Well, I think some people may have their IE or FF settings so they don't allow any javascripts to operate. In that case, I just put a static image in the cell background.

I have a fading image script here underneath the big image on the right here... http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/

And here are rotating images in the right column. Refresh to see the images change... http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/themen.html

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Well, I think some people may have their IE or FF setting so they don't allow any javascripts to operate. In that case, I just put a static image in the cell background.

I have a fading image script here underneath the big image on the right here... http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/

And here are rotating images in the right column. Refresh to see the images change... http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/themen.html
    Do I have to use javascripts I really hate them :crybaby: Yet another reason to HATE FF

maxpower
    Maybe something with out Java that did auto refresh of the pages, so even though you just saw it the next time to click on the link it will change then too.:heartu:

Xstr8guy
    Do I have to use javascripts I really hate them :crybaby: Yet another reason to HATE FF
    As far as I know, javascripts are the simplest way to accomplish what you need. They are super simple to set up.

And as much as I agree with you about hating FF, people can just as easily disable javascripts in IE.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    As far as I know, javascripts are the simplest way to accomplish what you need. They are super simple to set up.

And as much as I agree with you about hating FF, people can just as easily disable javascripts in IE.
    I think you guys have talked me to even more work THanks guys :p

Xstr8guy
    I think you guys have talked me to even more work THanks guys :p
    That's cool. Just make sure to put an image in the cell background incase the surfer has .js disabled. Otherwise they might not see anything.

Another thing to consider. If you have other javascripts on the page, you might have conflicts were one or more javasripts will fail to work. I don't know why that is, but it's happened to me a few times. Other times, I have numerous .js on a page and nothing goes wrong. Can't explain it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You can also use an SSI or PHP include call and the .php date function to do this also.

Thats what i use on http://www.condompotd.com to swap the image out each day at midnight.

The php date function will let you swap the image every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or swap it out on a specific time/day/date.

Regards,

Lee