Thread: About to Order Some Banners...what sizes?

Making Pain Pay!

About to Order Some Banners...what sizes?

Ok, so I have been reading the thread about how some banners work, some don't, etc. etc.

I am at the point where I need to make some (or actually hire to have some made) because the little ones I made are no good really.

I was thinking about only getting 10 or so made, and I was wondering what sizes you all recomend I should have made.

Your input is greatly appreciated...
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

only 10? maybe something like 2 468x60s, 1 or 2 125x250's, 2 buttons, 1 or 2 468x80's. there are so many sizes now and so many people need different sizes...

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    only 10? maybe something like 2 468x60s, 1 or 2 125x250's, 2 buttons, 1 or 2 468x80's. there are so many sizes now and so many people need different sizes...
    Do you think I should do more than 10? I didn't want to overdue it...we are kind of a small niche site...not sure how many different spanking butt banners you really need. But if you think I should have more options for people to choose from, I will listen.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Xstr8guy
    Ask them to make oversized banners and then just resize them down yourself. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck.

only if they shrink down to the same size and if they still look both good and clickable. a 700x100 banner won't shrink down to a useful banner size and also the layout isn't going to be very good for a smaller banner...

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    only if they shrink down to the same size and if they still look both good and clickable. a 700x100 banner won't shrink down to a useful banner size and also the layout isn't going to be very good for a smaller banner...
    With a little resizing and cropping, jumbo banners downsize really well. I just think if Tropixxx is working within a budget, he will have more options if he does a little of the work himself.

Btw, a 700x100 banner will downsize to a 468x60 banner with just 6 or 7 pixel cropping or resizing at the top/bottom.