Thread: Trust Cash (pppcard)

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar

Trust Cash (pppcard)

Is anyone using Trustcash as an alternative to ccbill or other processor. This is a prepaid debit card, if so how is it working for you? and has it increased your overall revenue by any great margin. They take 50% of all sign-ups using the card, but claim to send a fair amount of traffic from there site. They are selling the cards through Amazon as well as retailers in most major cities. I have see the cards for sale at several stores here in NYC
    It does remove the users privacy concerns when joining an adult site (on the fence buyers) and no chargebacks.

maxpower
    I do really love that idea could work too any place that sold adult videos. I am looking for info on that now all I see is the main URL, is their a adult section or URL?

never heard of it, is it only sold in NY or everywhere throughout the USA and / or the world? Its a good idea, but I am betting it would have a hefty processing fee attached to it in order to cover the costs of getting it circulated properly and available for people to buy. Of course if it doens't have the convenience to buy factor then its not much use.

actually come to think of it, do you think people would go out and buy one of those cards at the shops where they are less anonymous than thru a cc or phone billing transaction at home?

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    Yes the fee is high it is a 50/50 split there selling feature is these are customers that would not join otherwise because A. they do not have a credit card B. Because of privacy concerns ie once you buy the card with cash it is anonymous from there. Here is there web site www.trustcash.com they have an adult search engine section that lists all the adult sites in each nitch that take the card. There are some big players there Hustler, Vivid and a number of large gay sites. They are quite selective on who they will take on. The cards are sold everywhere they have a store locator on the site, you plug in your zip and it will bring up all the stores that sell the card in your area. It works quite well. Was hoping someone was allready using there program.The contract is quite involved 11 pages and are looking for a 3 year committment.

wnc
    Thought I would respond to you MarkWolff

Recently I had noticed that BukBuddies was offering the trustcash option. I became curious and began to investigate, like you.

On 12/28/2006 at 10:49 AM Customer Service wrote:

>Thank you for your interest in Trustcash the leader in secure and
    >private internet payments.
    >
    >How can we help you?

I responded with three simple questions, 1> fee, 2> stats and 3>:

"When a person uses their "trustcash" account to purchase a website
    subscription, what is the general process whereby the merchant is notified
    so that access can be granted?"

The response was:

On 1/2/2007 at 10:36 AM Customer Service wrote:

>We are an alternative payment system and not a processor so our fees are
    >higher. We payout 50% to the merchant on all Trustcash purchases. You
    >have access to our merchant login for real-time sales statistics.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >Adam
    >Trustcash Customer Service

Seems Adam forgot to fully answer my three questions. I will now guess that it is PayPal-like, whereby an email is sent and EVENTUALLY the surfer has access.

Looking at the BukBuddies site, I don't see a notice that there would be a delay before access is granted, so maybe my guess is wrong.

Personally, I found their customer service lacking.

I am very concerned that a minor could buy one of those cards and have access to adult content. Paysite owners and webmasters should make every effort to ensure that only adults are indeed agreeing and making payment for access.

After reviewing, I have decided I will never use such a service.

I am also suss of all new billers, given histories of companies like psw, probilling, acpay, ibill, etc...

Mark, if you are going to try this out please let us know how it goes after a month or two, if you see any sales through their systems and if you also see any decrease in sales by other methods. I would trust your experience much more than an unknown billing company!

cheers,
    Luke