Thread: Affiliate Content Question

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Affiliate Content Question

When purchasing content and it's going to be used for hosted galleries on my own site, is that considered as affiliate content as the gallery is hosted on my domain?

Xstr8guy
    *Edited

I misread your post the first time.

Xstr8guy
    Good question. I would guess that would be considered 'affiliate content' even if they were FHGs. Maybe someone else can answer this definitively. If not, contact the content broker and ask.

Rimmates.com
    Xstr8,

That's what we were talking about the other day, right? Purchasing a set of content, not for the use of updating a paysite, but for the use of creating a gallery(ies) and submitting the gallery to TGP sites with promo ads.

FriskyMatt,

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are creating a gallery from purchased content and then using advertising such as banners or text links to promote someone else's website... even though the model featured in the images does not necessarily appear in the site?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If you are hosting the content and an affiliate is linking to it on a domain that YOU own then ues it is covered by a general license so long as you are licensed to use it on any domain that you own.

If you want to allow affiliates to physically download the purchased content and host it on their domains the no that wouldnt be covered unless it was stipulated in the license when you purchased the content.

*spam*

If you are looking for content that you can give to affiliates, in order for them to promote your site, then hit me up as i can do you a great deal on Rainbow Content sets for this very use.

*end spam*

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmates.com View Post
    Xstr8,

That's what we were talking about the other day, right? Purchasing a set of content, not for the use of updating a paysite, but for the use of creating a gallery(ies) and submitting the gallery to TGP sites with promo ads.

FriskyMatt,

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are creating a gallery from purchased content and then using advertising such as banners or text links to promote someone else's website... even though the model featured in the images does not necessarily appear in the site?
    I'm pretty sure FriskyMatt is talking about something else entirely. He is talking about using purchased content on Free Hosted Galleries that HIS affiliates will use to promote his paysite. We were talking about buying content and using it to promote paysites owned by someone else.

samebb
    If your buying content to use in hosted galleries, for affiliates to send traffic to, then they are "Hosted Ad Tools" not "Affiliate Content"

If your providing zip file downloads with 16+ images ect, for affiliates to download, and make their own stuff with, for use on their own domains, then THAT is affiliate content.

One think i will see if talk to the content provider and take a good read of the license, and most providers with prohibit the later.

if you are hosting the content, it's not affiliate content. affiliate content is content you let affiliates use on their sites.

that being said, a few content providers don't allow their content to be used for fhg's. when in doubt, always read the license

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Thanks, great advice. I was referring to hosting the content on my own site to promote my own sites, yet having affiliates link to the hosted galleries with their code in the URL.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    He is talking about using purchased content on Free Hosted Galleries that HIS affiliates will use to promote his paysite.
    Oh!!:bigears: