Thread: Founders of online payment company Neteller charged in online gambling case

Corey Bryant

Founders of online payment company Neteller charged in online gambling case

I did a search for this and did not see it posted. I think some of y'all might use Neteller from time to time?

Founders of online payment company Neteller charged in online gambling case
    Two founders of a company which processes Internet gambling transactions were arrested and charged with laundering billions of dollars in gambling proceeds, federal prosecutors announced Tuesday.

The charges against the former Neteller PLC directors, John David Lefebvre, 55, and Stephen Eric Lawrence, 46, both Canadian citizens, were contained in two criminal complaints unsealed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan on Monday, U.S. Attorney Michael Garcia said in a statement.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Interesting stuff for sure.

Particularly interesting (to me) about this is that these were Canadian citizens arrested when they entered the U.S.

Im wondering if this will end up being the start of many more cases like this, not just about gambling stuff though, perhaps the new 2257 regulations should be of concern to those webmasters not operating inside the US.

Regards,

Lee

Camper than a row of tents
    This could prove very dangerous if every country starts arresting foreigners.

Imagine taking a trip to China and having them arrest you at the airport for criticizing their government on your blog. How about visiting Germany just after you put up a site denying the Holocaust? And let's not forget the vacationing American woman who may be arrested in the middle east for having revealing photos on her MySpace.

While some of this seems far fetched right now, it's where we are headed as long as our government continues to set the trend.
    I post here to whore this sig.