Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox Vs Internet Explorer

blatino

Firefox Vs Internet Explorer

Can Someone help me figure out why my webpages are showingup fine in internet explorer and in Firefox the texts are all jumbled up..
    is here a way to fix that. your help will be appreciated

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Please post an URL so somebody can take a look at it

:develish:
    :-D

blatino
    ghettostud.layinpipe.com/index.html
    I am not an expert at creating website thanks guys

Corey Bryant
    You can validate your code. Internet Explorer is a bit less forgiven when it comes to coding. For example you have
    Code:
    <style>
    BODY {     scrollbar-3d-light-color:#006600;
               scrollbar-arrow-color:#FF3333;
               scrollbar-base-color:#339900;
               scrollbar-dark-shadow-color:#006600;
               scrollbar-face-color:#FFCC00;
               scrollbar-highlight-color:#006600;
               scrollbar-shadow-color:#006600;
    .f{float:left}
    </style>
    This should be in the <head> You have some CSS already in the <head>
    Code:
       .header {font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; COLOR:#2FFFFF; padding-left:10; padding-right:5; font-weight:900 }
       .text {font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color:#ffffff; padding-left:20; padding-right:10 }
          .text2 {font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color:#000000; padding-left:20; padding-right:10; font-weight:100; }
        .news {font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9px; color:#ffffff; padding-left:10; padding-right:5; font-weight:900; }
       a:link{text-decoration: none; color:#ffffff}
      a:visited{text-decoration: none; color: #ffffff}
      a:hover{text-decoration: underline; color: #ffffff}
      a:active{text-decoration: none; color: #ffffff}
    And you have
    Code:
    <BODY BGCOLOR=#000000 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#000000" text="#FFFFFF">
    while most of this could be specified in the CSS as well. There is some deprecated code that won't be causing you the problems you are experiencing but you might consider using CSS for that as well.

Where you have
    Code:
    <div class="text" style="font-variant:small-caps; font-size:11" style="margin-top:50">
    you might try
    Code:
    <div class="text" style="font-variant:small-caps; font-size:11; padding-top:50px">
    instead to see if that helps you with the clearing part.

blatino
    Thanks for the response but some of the codes are not showing in your response. Could you repost your reply please

Corey Bryant
    I guess iInternet Explorer is actually looking what I had in the code and I cannot edit it to at least change the code to php.

For example you have
    PHP Code:
    <style>
    BODY {     scrollbar-3d-light-color:#006600;

scrollbar-arrow-color:#FF3333;

scrollbar-base-color:#339900;

scrollbar-dark-shadow-color:#006600;

scrollbar-face-color:#FFCC00;

scrollbar-highlight-color:#006600;

scrollbar-shadow-color:#006600;
    .f{float:left}
    </
    style
    This should be in the You have some CSS already <head>. Where you have
    PHP Code:
    <div class="text" style="font-variant:small-caps; font-size:11" style="margin-top:50"
    you might try
    PHP Code:
    <div class="text" style="font-variant:small-caps; font-size:11; padding-top:50px; clear: both"
    to make sure the upper element is cleared

Did you validate the code as well? That will show a lot of the issues.

Dzinerbear
    I was also told that classes that contain numbers, like .text2, will also have problems in compliant browers like Firefox. And indeed for me, they did.

Michael

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by blatino View Post
    Can Someone help me figure out why my webpages are showingup fine in internet explorer and in Firefox the texts are all jumbled up..
    is here a way to fix that. your help will be appreciated
    Because Firefox sucks

Dzinerbear
    You Firefox-hating, smelly, desert-dwelling, 42" big screen TV owner, how many times do I have to tell you that Firefox doesn't suck, it's standards compliant. It's Internet Explorer that sucks and everyone who creates pages that look good only in IE should be lined up and pissed on.

Even though you're wrong, I still love you.

Kisses
    Michael

blatino
    I am only looking for help to get my webpages to show as well as they do in IE I am not hating.. Since you love firefox so much you should help me figure it out.

Dzinerbear
    blatino,

Your coding is pretty sloppy and I suspect that's what causing you some problems.

Run your page through this service: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    and you'll see a number of errors. Whether they're affecting the look of your page or not is another thing.

The thing you need to understand is that Firefox is very unforgiving it adhers to strict HTML compliance. IE on the other hand will forgive you if you forget to close a tag or forget to display your colour codes properly.

Colours need to be indicated as #000000; not as 000000 and I also noticed that you have a number of heights and width not displayed inside of "" that may be causing problems too.

Finally, you'd be better off throwing all of your styles in an external style sheet, it'd be much easier to read your page and try and figure out what's going on.

Cheers
    Michael

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    You Firefox-hating, smelly, desert-dwelling, 42" big screen TV owner, how many times do I have to tell you that Firefox doesn't suck, it's standards compliant. It's Internet Explorer that sucks and everyone who creates pages that look good only in IE should be lined up and pissed on.

Even though you're wrong, I still love you.

Kisses
    Michael
    Blatino... the comment above was directed at me. And btw Michael... the new TV is 55" not 42"... jerkwad.

p.s. love you too

blatino
    Well I think the page is now working in firefox and IE I am not sure if all the codes are correct but at least the texts are not jumbled up anymore. tell me what you all think your honest openion is appreciated. Please understand I am a biginner no need to bash me because I don't have everything right I am sure with a litttle practice I will eventrually I am a very quick learner http://ghettostud.layinpipe.com most of the links are not yet active

Dzinerbear
    Ah yes, you fixed it, blatino. It looks much better time.
    Nothing wrong with your page.

And sorry if you thought I was bashing you, I wasn't, I was giving my Firefox-hating friend xstr8guy a hard time.

Cheers
    Michael

blatino
    At first I thought your comments was directed to me.. but I figured that out .. I am still in the learning stages so hope you understand.. now that the page is working I need to get all my links up.. that will probably take abit of time.. do you know of any affiliate program with free host galleries I can use that will pay me on time I know alot of these affiliates are bogus from reading some of these boards..
    thanks