Thread: Online Marketing Getting More Like Offline Retail?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Online Marketing Getting More Like Offline Retail?

So i was wondering if anyone else had noticed over the past few years how online marketing was starting to become more and more like offline retail selling, just like Walmart.

It used to be affiliates would heavily promote a new or existing product in order to make their commision however, these days it would seem that there are so many products available for them to promote, they basically throw as much as possible online and let the surfer 'browse' through the store to find what they want.

If they {the surfer} doesnt see anything they like, they are allowed to leave the store {site} without giving a 2nd thought to any of the products on offer.

As i said, 4 or 5 years ago it would be a case of if the surfer didnt find anything they liked at your site, you would send them off to another site, where they could look around, if they didnt find anything they liked at the 2nd site, they would be sent to a 3rd, and so forth, almost like a mall where they can pass by store upon store until they find one they want to make a purchase in.

Nowadays, it seems like affiliates are trying more and more to be like major superstores and offering as much as possible, as cheaply as possible, with as little stress as possible in the hopes of maybe making a sale.

I know a lot of us like to support our locally owned stores where we live over places like Walmart and the likes but, why are so many of us so adamant of not supporting the little sites online like we do in the real world?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    JF'ingC Lee - where the hell do you expect one start with this! You handed me an axe and asked me to remove the lid from some can of worms.

I spent over 20-minutes with one of my rants, but stopped myself from hitting the 'submit reply' button.

Instead, I hit ctrl-a and replaced it with the following:

..pure greed!

People simply do not want to share because when too much cream rises to the top some of it will be forced to the bottom in order to support the fresh cream!

oh, so to make my post look longer: many will say it is to maximizes their blah blah...