Thread: List Of Twelve Women Identified In Darren James HIV Story - List Still Growing!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

List Of Twelve Women Identified In Darren James HIV Story - List Still Growing!

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary...ntent_ID=80534

VAN NUYS, Calif. - The day after Darren James was confirmed as HIV-positive, the twelve women referred to as the first-generation that have been identified as having worked with the veteran performer during the time he is believed to have had the virus, and nearly 20 performers have been identified by the Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation (AIM) as having worked with the first-generation. The list continues to grow.

Steven St. Croix, Dominico, Sledge Hammer, L.T. Turner, Brian Pumper, Alex Saunders, Tony Sexton, and Brian Surewood have been added to the second-generation, the group of performers that worked with the first-generation.

Their odds of having caught HIV by working with one of the members of the first-generation, the women who worked with HIV-positive performer Darren James, are less than one percent, but they are under quarantine in an effort to ensure the virus is contained.

Trevor was originally listed due to a clerical error by a production company, he performed on the same day that one of the women in the first-generation did, but with another partner.

Twelve women worked with James since his last negative test, and are under a voluntary quarantine is as follows, followed by the date they worked with him: Jocelyn (3/19/2004); Lauren Roxx (3/24/04); Annie Cruz (3/29/2004); Banesca, Persia, Miss Arroyo (3/30/2004); Kayla Marie, Jessica Dee (4/07/2004); Skyler Banks, Patrice Petite, Candy Ray, Desiree Clark, and Kayla Marie again (4/08/2004).
    You know although the circumstances surrounding this are sad, this might actually get more companies on the straight side of the industry to start thinking more about the risks of unprotected sex.

Regards,

Lee

Twelve women worked with James since his last negative test, and are under a voluntary quarantine..
    This is actually quite a scary thought too.

A voluntary quarantine... WTF?

Shouldnt something as dangerous as HIV not be subject to a voluntary quarantine but rather a mandatory one?

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i'd think so too
    i think most studios and photographers industrywide have stopped shooting untill all clears out.

Damn...

about 17 percent of performers use condoms
    I had no idea the figure was that low :eek:

I would bet that the figures in the gay side of the industry was higher.

Regards,

Lee

years ago, a few of us friends went and got our first hiv tests together. the results were in that friday for most of us, but for one friend (who had the most high-risk history), they told us they needed us to call back monday. on monday, he was positive :-(

he called a trick with whom he had unprotected sex. the guy hung up on him, then when we called back, got abusive. this jerk refused to believe he could be positive, and continued to fuck unprotected street boys till the day he died from aids. how many boys did he infect?

at the time, i called the health department and they said that, unlike certain other communicable diseases, hiv was not one they could do anything about.

they can come after you for the clap, but not hiv. or at least that was the case at the time. who makes these rules, anyway?

(as an aside, my friend decided he wanted to live, and is still on medications which seem to help a great deal. he changed his life and is in college, and he published a book of poetry.)

BDBionic
    CNN's in on it too

Very unfortunate now that one of the female performers also tested positive.

It strikes me as strange that there's this entire infrastructure/system/protocol set up to deal with such a circumstance while condom usage is so rare. Less than 20%?

It's interesting how the cycle works, I guess... is it a purely reactive response to the threat of HIV that has brought about the existence of such an elaborate system to handle someone testing positive? Does that elaborate system exist because condoms are so seldomly used? Or are condoms so seldomly used because that elaborate system is in place and therefore people get this sense of security that condoms are unnecessary?

It definitely seems that condom usage is much more prevalent in the gay sector of the industry. While at the same time there is no central policing type system in place. It's left entirely up to individual producers.

It's obvious that in both circumstances, however, people are bound to slip through the cracks and inherent risk will result in a situation such as this.

Originally posted by BDBionic
    [BIt's obvious that in both circumstances, however, people are bound to slip through the cracks and inherent risk will result in a situation such as this. [/B]
    Indeed and, strangely enough, it only seems to be now that this sistuation has arisen that many webmasters who usually wouldnt have thought twice about it, have started to talk about the pro's and con's of safe vs. unsafe sex.

Ironic really, in a fucked up kind of way.

Regards,

Lee