Thread: How Do You Stop Your Elbows From Getting Rough?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Do You Stop Your Elbows From Getting Rough?

So this morning i noticed that my elbows are starting to get a lot of rough skin on them, i presume from sitting at the desk so much and working and i was wondering if you folks had any tips on avoiding rough skin on your elbows when you work at a desk all day long?

I put some Nivea creme on them already but im wondering if there is a more practicle way of stopping this from happening?

Regards,

Lee

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I put some Nivea creme on them already but im wondering if there is a more practicle way of stopping this from happening?

Regards,

Lee
    you are doing the right thing Lee - just keep applying some skin conditioner/moisturizer and the problem should go away -
    there is really nothing you can do to prevent this condition unless you wear long sleeves with elbow pads!

gaybucks_skyler
    Well when it comes to beauty and skin and hair this is MY DEPARTMENT…

So if it has already gotten dry and flaky you need to work at getting it moisturized again and keeping that hydration in so you’re on track with that, BUT you also need to get that flaky dead skin off…. So you need to pick up some sort of “body polish” or exfolient (normally used in the shower) that you can use one those problem areas. (the feet, knees, elbows, etc) That will help to get rid of all that dead skin… use it like every other day until you get most of it off, then you can drop off to about once a week or even every two weeks.

When it comes to moisturizing it is a necessity… I moisturize my entire body twice a day everyday…it may not seem practical but if you don’t want to have dry skin then you need to. One thing you need to look at is the ingredients of your moisturizer. You need to make sure that alcohol is not in the top five ingredients, because that will only dry it out more. Personally I am not familiar with Nivea (we only use AVEDA at my salon) so take a peak at it.

The Michigan winters are so dry here if I don’t moisturize my hands will get so dry they crack and that HURTS so you’re fortunate to have a better climate!

Hopefully that HELPS!!

TTYL, Sky

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Wow, thanks for the tip, Skyler. I have to admit I'm one of those gay men who somehow didn't get the gay gene that tells us what wine goes with fish, how to decorate an apartment and how to take good care of my skin. After watching a marathon of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy I realized that I should start doing some things so I won't look like a leather handbag when I'm 50. I mean, I like leather, but I like to wear it, not look like it! So I've started putting moisturizer on my face. I'll have to check the alcohol content. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of that. I'm not going to do my whole body, believe me there are worse things goin' on there than dry skin. LOL!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Xstr8guy
    Or you can do it the way real men do it... ignore it or use some 60 grit sandpaper.

I guess that a fundamental question for you Lee is this...

why are you spending more time on your elbows and not on your knees...

or shouldn't I ask?

Gay is the new Black
    I have a small Elbow pillow on my desk.

I have a bigger desk area and my elbows rubbing on the hard wood was killing the skin cells over time. The pollow takes off the pressure as well as feels nice.

The pillow is a Moshi btw. The uber soft travel beanbag pillow.
    Be Who You Are!

robin
    Lush Dream Cream for my hands, elbows, and knees plus any other part that needs a little extra tlc due to dryness, rashes, chaffing, etc... For my face: Cosmetic Lad also by Lush

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Or you can do it the way real men do it... ignore it or use some 60 grit sandpaper.
    Girl Secret shhhh

Half a lemon, rub on elbows, heels and nails.

all good ideas and...

you can always do what my mom did for years, and years, and years...

check yourself in Elizabeth Arden 1 x weekly and get your daddy to pay the bill!

its not that mom needed that much help, she like the whole "red door" experience...

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    its not that mom needed that much help, she like the whole "red door" experience...
    Fortuante Woman! I LOVE EA. Wonder if I'll ever be able to afford a spa day there!:scissors: