Thread: Norton Security Threat Question

Making Pain Pay!

Norton Security Threat Question

I am new to PC's (Mac User Here).

I now have an alert on my Norton Security Threat saying that
    [QUOTE:] Your computer is not protected against this rapidly spreading threat: Trojan.Peacomm [/QUOTE]

I have tried to Click the Protect me Now button (it says it can not protect me, and to try the live updates.) I have done the live updates, but it is still there. Is this something I need to worry about? Should I toss out the PC totally? Will they get an update in a day or two? Is it safe to let my weiner dogs near the PC?

Any insight is appreciated.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Idea

You might want to switch from Norton to a product called PC-cillin Internet Security. I have used that program for the past 3 years and swear by it. You can download it right now and try it for 30 days. I think you will end up buying it...it will also never give you a message like that. They update automatically each day so you never have to worry about it.

Link: http://www.trendsecure.com/download/download.php

Hope that helps

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

robin
    You know, I have absolute 0 problems with Norton Anti-Virus. No viruses and no weird messages and no weird problems and conflicts. I've never had to worry and it's always found crap that other av programs couldn't.

But Norton Internet Security...I won't install that as everyone I know has so many problems with it.

Xstr8guy
    Norton Internet Security is the biggest pile of crap. Dump that for any other Security Suite now! I use Trend Micro PC-cillan which does a pretty good job but occassionally it has a hard time disposing of some infections.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We switched in the office from Norton to McAfee (in no small part due to the fact that McAfee is free when you have Comcast cable.) It's much leaner and meaner, seems to provide even better protection. I've been totally happy and will never go back to Norton, which has gotten more bloated with every release.