Thread: Online PPV Metrics

gaysearch4sex

Online PPV Metrics

Hey everyone-
    Ive been looking around at the different PPV networks like NakedSword, AEBN, HotMovies and I was curious about the metrics of putting your content on these sites.

I know that content owners get around 20% - 30% revshare for their content.
    I'm curious what the typical revenue generated per scene or per dvd for a year is. Any experiences or info to share? I know it varies depending on the studio, producer and niche but I would love to hear what people have to say

Making Pain Pay!

You missed one...

We have our content on PPVNetworks.com, and not on the other networks.

The reason I chose PPV is because they offer 75% (and higher) payouts on our content. We have been VERY happy with the checks we get.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Get your content on as many VOD sites as possible. Selling your content on only one site is like saying you will only sell your DVDs to one store. Your content needs to be in as many places as possbile.

Volume dicates revenue %, but in general if you can get 30-40% of gross, then it's worth it.

I would be VERY leery of anyone offering 75%+! The old saying if it sounds to good to be true, then it's probably not true!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanmen View Post
    I would be VERY leery of anyone offering 75%+! The old saying if it sounds to good to be true, then it's probably not true!
    TRUE! If a VOD service is paying 75% to the video producer, they can't be paying affiliates very much to send traffic. It sounds too good to be true.

gaysearch4sex
    sounds very good! thanks for the help

I'm curious to know what you expected from the VOD/PPV model...
    did you go in by just posting older titles from your library with little expectation?
    Did you go full speed launching all your titles on multiple services?
    Did you have a goal in terms of revenue as a whole or revenue per title?

Cheerful Agnostic
    I always recomend people start with submitting older titles first and testing the water.

trickling your product out keeps your revenue higher.

If you shoot all your load at once there is nothing to keep people coming back for more.

The only time I don't recomend that is to large production houses putting out a few titles a month. They are better off getting everything up as soon as possible, then sending the new releases as they are done.

gaysearch4sex
    very helpful
    thanks man!