Thread: do you test your paysites?

do you test your paysites?

in the last few months, i've been seeing more sites than usual that have content or pages that just don't work or are 404. one site had a misnamed index page so that you just got an open index with content listed down the side. the site i was trying to review now has videos that won't play and pages that won't load.

and that's not uncommon!

a friend of mine reviewed a new site by a medium sized program and none of the 40 videos worked due to an issue with their cms.

every since then, i've clicked EVERY link on any new page. sometimes it takes a while, but imo it's worth it.

how bout you?

ShowGuys
    We try to click on all links and test all our new videos and content, but because we adding new stuff almost everyday, sometimes we get lazy and trust our CMS, since it is pretty mechanic routine for adding videos and galleries.

We did had 3-4 times where videos did not play but almost always we found about it in a day or so

the 404 links are tricky, there are so many links over the site and there is always one that you forget to click on to check and that will be the 404 one

I've seen the same thing Patti when reviewing, tons of stuff that isn't there, doesn't work, or won't play. Often I'll try and give the site owner a heads up on a problem, other times I just put problems with a site right into the review.

As to testing sites I'm building... I'm testing so much Sparta banned my butt! LOL (uh hello, can you unblock me ... again ... thanks ...)

wnc
    I have seen the same. There are many PAYSITES out there that are on automatic mode. HELL for us reviewers.

I think all gay sites should offer an update log. OLD NEWS... but surfers are educated now. If anything, would work with your Google SiteMap.