Thread: Whats wrong with this gallery?

marcjacob

Whats wrong with this gallery?

I had this tgp gallery designed for me. Put it up last night on 20 tgps. Got 100 hits but 0 clicks! Is that usual?

http://www.allhornyboys.com/galleries/gal1/index.html

Is it a crap gallery? I am new to tgp but id expect a couple of hits? I have clicked myself and the link codes work.

marcjacob
    BTW please dont click the links as i need to know if surfers are clicking!

dude, 100 surfers is really way too early to tell. i'd wait for the entire run of the gallery.

but here are things i noticed:

actual text clicks better than text on a graphic.

you have 6 outgoing sponsor links, a no-no on almost every tgp. most allow 2 or 3.

all but 1 of your 4 texts designed to make surfers click are about joining. they shouldn't be - the guys haven't seen the site yet. if you want more clicks, you should avoid links that say click to join or click for instant access. well, there's actually 5 click here texts but that vertical link on the right side probably shouldn't be there.

the text at the bottom seems to confuse 2 types of things, and imo the tech specs and the sales text about the guys shouldn't be lumped together. i make better sales when i don't combine them.

i don't care for the design, but maybe that's just me.

Dzinerbear
    Just my two cents, when I accepting galleries on my TGP, I could easily get 20-30 FHGs a day from people promoting Broke Straight Boys.

I didn't approve most of them because I don't need that many. But I imagine the TGP srufers are also tired of them. If you want click throughs, I'd not mention "Broke Straight Boys" or "doing it for cash." Everyone's using the same angle. Try and come up with a different approach and you might get some click-throughs.

But maybe not, which is why I got frustrated with TGPs ... too many lookers not enough buyers and I couldn't figure out to sell to them. Listen to basschick, she could sell fire to the devil and rebill at $59.95 a month.

Michael

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    BTW please dont click the links as i need to know if surfers are clicking!
    -1 for me man sorry :ninja:

maxpower
    I am going to have to create some of these as well, but I want to do a combo of “text clicks and text on a graphic’s” as well as add both types of text that are not linked.

I would love if we could get some of the best examples FHG's for just a starting point, or something to aspire too. :signhere:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    What I can tell you is simple works better. One of our best converting hosted galleries is plain as can be. http://www.brokestraightboys.com/galleries/videos/1/. I think your gallery has a bit too many colors imo. There is also some good suggestions here from other people.

Even though Broke Straight Boys is everywhere it still converts like crazy. The best way to get even better conversions is to get members access to the site and I can send you the updates before they even post on the site. So this way you can get a gallery up with models that haven't been seen yet.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

marcjacob
    Thanks everyone. Im going to have a good read through this later. I got a designer to do it simply because i dont know about tgp templates. Im guessing that was mistake number 1

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com View Post
    What I can tell you is simple works better. One of our best converting hosted galleries is plain as can be. http://www.brokestraightboys.com/galleries/videos/1/. I think your gallery has a bit too many colors imo. There is also some good suggestions here from other people.

Even though Broke Straight Boys is everywhere it still converts like crazy. The best way to get even better conversions is to get members access to the site and I can send you the updates before they even post on the site. So this way you can get a gallery up with models that haven't been seen yet.

Mark
    I am not so sure simple works better more than its just the oldest so its been around longest. The action content is really good, sure that is what makes the sales, but your TGP galleries like everyone else’s get more graphics intense as you go not the other way around.

I really see trying to give them a more personally feel, but sometimes I must look at what people do more than what they say.

I am going to create my own version of this TGP thing very soon, but its going to be hard to measure its effectiveness until I have many different versions I guess. So I am sure I will play with many different approaches, and simple no matter how much out of character for me will be on the list along with some that are not so “simple” at all. I am sailing in uncharted waters here, so I will take any barring I can get, simple is simple to do LOL its not like its a hard fall back position.

Paco
    I agree with the others on a few of the points they listed.

- Thumbs are too dark. Throw them in to PS and lighten them up manually, or create an Action and run a batch in PS.

- Thumbs are too similar. The perfect examples are # 9 & 10:
    For 9.jpg’s thumb I would have grabbed from the ball cap to the hand & for 10.jpg both faces or the hand & cock.

- 4 reciprocating and 6 join is way WAY too many outbound links.

- There is too much colour and animation for a black background! Actually, I find the gallery to be too busy, not allowing me to concentrate on images. More often than not, simple is best.

- I am not too crazy about that design. For me the images are too close together and there are too many banners. I would add a few extra pixels of space between the images.

- I would replace the middle banner (looks messed) with some text---spend a few minutes and come-up with some text. Maybe a story about what the boys are doing or what lead to the party.

Lastly, I see a lot of redundant code. Such as: if you’ve cropped your thumbs to a specific size; there is no need for dimensions/size tags in your HTML.

Not to be rude, but I hope you did not pay much for that gallery!