Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Epoch vs. CCBill

ShowGuys

The new Epoch vs. CCBill

Hey guys,

I would love to hear from you what are the pros and cons for each one, CCBill (which we are currently use) vs. the new Epoch that raise so much excitement here. And please no acronyms and do explain technical terms- i want to understand it all!

Also why is there a need to use secondery processor?

cheers,

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowGuys View Post
    Also why is there a need to use secondery processor?

cheers,
    OMG you could not believe how important this is, having a second or third processor could be the only thing that keeps you out of the poor house in case your primary processor has issues with you or suddenly takes the money and runs. Also a secondary processor used in cascade billing can bump sales up like 10%.

I would take a long look at paycom now, things have changed. I am sure they will have a few bugs to start with, but they will quickly be known as the best processor in the world, well unless you work for Ccbill

i've always been a fan of both companies. they are both very good and have super nice and helpful people working for them plus they pay on time.

but the new cascading option of epoch's will put another 11% or so in the pockets of smaller webmasters who can't afford cascading software or have other issues. i can't WAIT till they get their new non adult banking going so i can join in the fun

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    IMHO it is to early to say right now if the 'new' Epoch is going to be better than the 'standard' CCBill, the reason being that there hasnt been enough time passed since Epoch launched these new changes and people actually using them.

Features are great, the cascading should, in theory add more money to Epoch programs bottom line profits but, theory doesnt pay the bills $0.02

Regards,

Lee

I would say with the new cascade options, Epoch will run away with the best processor spot, well ahead of ccbill. Of course, controlling your own cascade through nats or a similar program is always going to be better, but Epoch is now offering smaller affiliate programs something that is extremely valuable, giving both program owners and their affiliates more money.

The ball is in ccbill's court now, its up to them to step up to the plate with some new stuff.

BTW, its so nice to hear billilng companies actually being innovative and creative like this again, we haven't seen real billing company innovation for years, well before the visa regs came into play.

cheers,
    Luke

maxpower
    Ya I predict many sites taking down that “Ccbill processing” stuff from their affiliate programs at least really soon. It could take Ccbill years to do anything big companies are normally really slow, but some day I am sure they will top this if they really can that is.

It could take 8-15 months for everyone to change over, but I see both site owners and affiliates moving over to epoch now

blah blah blah...
    Excuse my ignorance....but what's the deal with all this talk about Epoch?

How are they better than CCBill? and what's this cascading option that you guys ar all talking about?

we're looking for a processor and i thought the obvious choice was CCBill. Should we be going with Epoch instead?

Thanks!

Allan

epoch just changed their stuff. not only have they improved their stats - which certainly needed it - but they have an option so if you also process with ccbill or a couple other companies, your declines will be sent to your secondary processor (ccbill or those other companies) and your affilates will get credit for sales made through either processor - and epoch can even pay out your affiliates for the other processors!

programs i work with generally see 11% more sales by cascading so...

blah blah blah...
    Thanks Basschick!! :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    epoch just changed their stuff. not only have they improved their stats - which certainly needed it - but they have an option so if you also process with ccbill or a couple other companies, your declines will be sent to your secondary processor (ccbill or those other companies) and your affilates will get credit for sales made through either processor - and epoch can even pay out your affiliates for the other processors!

programs i work with generally see 11% more sales by cascading so...

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan View Post
    Excuse my ignorance....but what's the deal with all this talk about Epoch?

How are they better than CCBill? and what's this cascading option that you guys ar all talking about?

we're looking for a processor and i thought the obvious choice was CCBill. Should we be going with Epoch instead?

Thanks!

Allan
    You will need them both. The new standard for smaller programs will most likely be Epoch as primary biller and CCbill as secondary.

I Love Sun and Fun
    collegedudes247 is currently using CCBill. As a newbie, I am impressed very much with CCBill's customer service, they are about 100 times more efficient than our hosting company.

I like the idea of the cascading that Epoch is setting up though, I'm going to take a look.

friskypickles

There can be only one. :-)

I merely jest.

Quote Originally Posted by shackzinc View Post
    collegedudes247 is currently using CCBill. As a newbie, I am impressed very much with CCBill's customer service, they are about 100 times more efficient than our hosting company.
    Maybe you need a new host? :cheekymonkey:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by shackzinc View Post
    I like the idea of the cascading that Epoch is setting up though, I'm going to take a look.
    I think you and every other smaller program will be doing the same thing over the next few months. I don't envy CCbill at this moment in time. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE CCbill. But this new, improved Epoch is a real pleasant surprise.

How long will it be before we hear CCbill is teaming up with TooMuchMedia and implementing NATS?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    But this new, improved Epoch is a real pleasant surprise. How long will it be before we hear CCbill is teaming up with TooMuchMedia and implementing NATS?
    I agree, I don't think Epoch could have made a more brilliant move. Given the arrogance of the people at TooMuchMedia, I would be somewhat surprised if they would enter a deal with CCBill, but the MPA deal might force the hands of both TMM and CCBill.

THe one thing that is of concern to us about getting our cascading billing through one billing provider (who is always in first position) is (depending on how it is actually implemented) it erases much of the reason for having multiple billers. As it stands now, if Epoch's scrub is too high, or they are lagging in processing time for some reason, it's a snap to change the cascade so CCBill is in first position. (Or, if you didn't like CCBill for some reason, Verotel or SegPay or somebody else.) As I understand it, this will not be possible with the Epoch version of MPA.

Likewise, in the unlikely event that Epoch runs into problems, you will lose not only your processor, but your cascading billing and affiliate processing as well.

Of course, with CCBill, this was always the case... drop them and you lose your affiliates (or, at least, all your affiliates link codes break). But with a leased copy of NATS or MPA3, you're never going to be in a position where a sudden and unanticipated clampdown by the cardmember associations could cause you to lose processing overnight if you have multiple processors.

I hope and believe that both Epoch and CCBill have their fingers on the pulse of the industry enough to ensure this would never happen, but purely from a risk management perspective, having your cascading/affiliate software be a separate third party product not tied to a single processor is the safest, provided that your program has enough revenues to justify the cost.