Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So How Did Everyone Make Out With Their Taxes?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So How Did Everyone Make Out With Their Taxes?

Did everyone file in time?

Were they done by you or an accountant?

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I did them myself. As I've always done. However actually did them a few weeks early this year instead of last minute.
    I get a little refund from CA.
    I owed the Feds a hefty sum.
    I got 1099ed on a lotta stuff I'd done earlier last year that didn't involve withholds. But I was expecting it so had actually set aside an account to put money in to when it came time to write the tax man a check.

AusCoding Allan
    Not yet at that stage, my tax is done by my accountant but we don't do our tax until the end of our financial year in june we then have a couple of months before we submit.

Allan

Umm - you had to MAKE some last year to file right???:crybaby:

AusCoding Allan
    Yes, filed in august last year, got a nice little cheque back from the Aust. Tax Office too. So yes we still have to file.

Allan

southernexposure
    What type of tax software are you guys n gurls using?
    I tried doing mine with Tax Cut, but there were no options for our type work, so it was difficult to use. I don't know If I over paid or not...

Also, What is a good percentage to keep in savings in order to pay taxes end of the year?

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by southernexposure
    What type of tax software are you guys n gurls using?
    I tried doing mine with Tax Cut, but there were no options for our type work, so it was difficult to use. I don't know If I over paid or not...

Also, What is a good percentage to keep in savings in order to pay taxes end of the year?

In the past I used Turbo Tax, actually I've used that since 1998. I love it, especially the review portion that tells me if anything I have listed can send up audit red flags and whether or not I took additional write offs that I'm entitled to.

I promised myself, this is the first year I'm not going to redo them after the accountant does them - the previous guy missed all kinds of stuff.

My goal is always keep a third in the bank for taxes. Sometimes that's just not easy to do. But I try. And I haven't fallen short yet.

My best,
    Gary-Alan

AusCoding Allan
    I use MYOB and then forward to my accountant for electronic filing. (Probably not relevant to non-Aussies but thought I would post it anyway)

Allan

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I just got my taxes on the 14th. I had H@R Block do them this year. I usually do them myself but they are getting more and more complicated. I had to pay quite a bit.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Poppy
    I owed quite a bit of $$$ this year, but that's because I wasn't taxed the whole year and yes I have an accountant.

Got an extension, but sent in $$$.

BDBionic
    How much do you guys pay your accountants?

My credit union provides a tax handling service for free 8)

AusCoding Allan
    Bill normally comes to around $1200 by the time he does my private return and also company return along with my family trust.

That's aussie dollars so probably around $900 US.

Allan

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We end up paying him nothing :thumbsup:

The least he can claim back for us are his fees

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    I was talking about the actual cash cost. My accountant claims back so much that in net terms he generally saves me about 5K per year on top of his fees. :groovy:

Allan

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    I was talking about the actual cash cost. My accountant claims back so much that in net terms he generally saves me about 5K per year on top of his fees. :groovy:

Allan
    If Lee knew the cash cost of what we spent last year he'd freak LOL

We use an accountant at a business consulting firm. So we not only get a bill for taxes, we get a bill if we ask a question about a business ideas.

Our last bull was $1100.

GA