Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCBill - What The Fuck?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

CCBill - What The Fuck?

You have just refunded 2 memberships to 2 different sites... After they have had access to the members area for OVER 3 hours!!!!

I mean what the fuck are the cunts in customer service thinking?

Should we just give out free memberships to every surfer?

Dont get me wrong, looking after customers is fine, but not when they have over 3 hours to download everything that they want... It takes 10 minutes to shoot your load.

You know i love you guys but there needs to be some kind of fucking limit on time that you guys allow a refund, this is just rediculous imho.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You have just refunded 2 memberships to 2 different sites... After they have had access to the members area for OVER 3 hours!!!!

I mean what the fuck are the cunts in customer service thinking?

Should we just give out free memberships to every surfer?

Dont get me wrong, looking after customers is fine, but not when they have over 3 hours to download everything that they want... It takes 10 minutes to shoot your load.

You know i love you guys but there needs to be some kind of fucking limit on time that you guys allow a refund, this is just rediculous imho.

Regards,

Lee

Lee, you're lucky it was only 3 hours.....I've seen a couple of refunds after a complete day of access...talk about getting pissed. One customer got a refund after downloading nearly 2GB of video content...AND...he came back 2months later (with a differant cc for sign-up) and did it again.

It should be up to the webmaster ONLY to issue a complete refund. It would be nice to see an option in the CCBill system that would allow for a partial refund.

Just my 2 cents worth.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Time was, the staff that handled refunds was instructed to give the customer a very hard time and only do a refund if they got the idea the customer was going for a chargeback immediately.

But recently, it seems the refund staff will give a refund to anyone that asks.

I think that because CCBill absorbs the chargeback fee, they probably figure it's cheaper to give back OUR money than have the possibility of paying for a chargeback, not to mention the potential negative impact of a chargeback.

I agree it should be the site owner's choice. I also believe that the site owner should be able to fight a chargeback... but every time I've tried to provide the data, on how much use a customer had before charging back... no one at ccbill was interested.

Making Pain Pay!

Change your TOS...

Lee,
    Just insert a line into your TOS (no one reads them anyway) that states that if they ask for a refund or chargeback that you have the right to publish their name and billing address, phone number, etc. on your website....

Or contact their spouse, etc.

Then when you see a refund, you can just send a nice email pointing to that part of the TOS, along with a link where they can charge the money back.

Just a thought....let me know if it works and I will do it on my site.

:china:
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Lee,
    Just insert a line into your TOS (no one reads them anyway) that states that if they ask for a refund or chargeback that you have the right to publish their name and billing address, phone number, etc. on your website....

Or contact their spouse, etc.

Then when you see a refund, you can just send a nice email pointing to that part of the TOS, along with a link where they can charge the money back.

Just a thought....let me know if it works and I will do it on my site.

:china:
    That is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea. I wish I'd thought of it!! Now watch CCBill claim there's something in their agreements that prevents us from doing that.

Seriously, if anyone wants to check it out and see if it would fly, I'd be game.

One could even set up a page and seed it with fake names and addresses (or names and addresses of friends who would be willing to take calls from scared members) and include that link in the nice email.

i'd talk to a lawyer first. i'm sure there must be about a zillion privacy laws they could get you on.

btw, if the choice is a refund or a chargeback, i'll take the refund every time - and i hope ccbill will give it because if their chargebacks go up, we'll only have one u.s. adult processor left.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    btw, if the choice is a refund or a chargeback, i'll take the refund every time - and i hope ccbill will give it because if their chargebacks go up, we'll only have one u.s. adult processor left.
    Id choose the chargeback any day over a full refund.

At least with a CB 1 or 2 months down the line the affiliate sending the sale actually gets paid for the initial sale and it doesnt look like X amount of members called and complained about the sites.

I can eat chargebacks, these two sales if they became a CB would quit easily be covered by our monthly in-house sales, im just pissed that right now, there is absolutely nothing that can be done about this, a surfer can happily go on his way joining site, after site, after site, after site and get refund, after refund, after refund, etc etc etc...

Its just fucking stupid.

Regards,

Lee

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i'd talk to a lawyer first. i'm sure there must be about a zillion privacy laws they could get you on.

Absolutely, privacy laws would come into play in a big way, plus VISA, when a customer writes to them...and they will, will absolutely pull your rights to use VISA.

Bill

This happens every once in a while with us too...just don't get too upset, its all part of the business (unfortunately).

cheers,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    This happens every once in a while with us too...just don't get too upset, its all part of the business (unfortunately).

cheers,
    Luke
    Luke,

Thats the problem though it shouldnt be part of the business.

You dont go to BestBuy or CircuitCity, buy a 52" plasma TV, use it for the football season then take it back and say it wasnt what you wanted... Plus get a full refund.

It doesnt happen in real-life and it shouldnt happen online and these processors need to start taking a stance against this sort of shit.

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Luke,

Thats the problem though it shouldnt be part of the business.

You dont go to BestBuy or CircuitCity, buy a 52" plasma TV, use it for the football season then take it back and say it wasnt what you wanted... Plus get a full refund.

It doesnt happen in real-life and it shouldnt happen online and these processors need to start taking a stance against this sort of shit.

Regards,

Lee
    Best Buy doesn't have to worry about Visa or Mastercard shutting off their merchant account if their chargeback ration is a little high either.

I can't believe you would rather eat the chargeback. I'd rather not have
    one. Refund, okay, the guy's a bad customer and cost me some money. Chargeback, get too many of these and i'm out of business. I'll take the former.

BradShaw
    Would you rather a refund, or a CB?

If a surfer joins, and regrets it, give them a credit. It avoids CB's. Don't you think CCBILL knows a bit more than us about credits?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I would think that Best Buy would have an easier time in dealing with it, as they have a physical signature to use in proving their claim, while online operations don't, hence the readiness I think for companies like ccBill to offer refunds rather than fight chargebacks.

Also, is there not a CC penalty that goes with each chargeback from Visa and MC? and don't all processors pass that on to the webmaster? So I am not so sure i'd be willing to take chargebacks over refunds.

my pennies worth :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Xstr8guy
    Wanna bet?! Have you ever worked retail? This kind of crap happens all of the time. Hell, you can return used diapers at Target.

Dzinerbear
    Thats the problem though it shouldnt be part of the business. You dont go to BestBuy or CircuitCity, buy a 52" plasma TV, use it for the football season then take it back and say it wasnt what you wanted... Plus get a full refund.
    But obviously people do. I recently saw a sign in a store saying that they would take no refunds or exchanges on Christmas trees or decorations after December 24. Obviously Walmart's no-questions-asked refund policy is conditioning Americans to believe they have the right to a full refund no matter what.

Michael