Thread: Video Editing Programs?

maxpower

Video Editing Programs?

I am looking for a video editor, that can change the file types to WMV and MOV, I need some screen caps, and if all possible I need to be able to edit videos together. Now for the hard part I guess, I really don’t know anything about video editing (and don’t have the time to learn now), so I would like something that will be VERY simple to use, and if all possible free LOL Does not really have to be free I am sure I can find about anything I need now days, so just they easiest one to use I guess would be best.

Sorry I know I must sounds lazy, but............................................... .............................

d@sexinc
    Best bet is to go with either Apple's Final Cut, or Adobe's Premiere.

Both will do what you are needing them to do.

D.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You can do it all with Premiere or FCP, but for the most efficient workflow, assuming you have a bunch of videos to deal with, I would suggest:

-- FCP, Premiere, or Vegas for editing
    -- Sorenson Squeeze to batch-convert the edited files from their source format to WMV and/or QT
    -- Frameshots to batch-process the making of screencaps.

sXeRyan
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    You can do it all with Premiere or FCP, but for the most efficient workflow, assuming you have a bunch of videos to deal with, I would suggest:

-- FCP, Premiere, or Vegas for editing
    -- Sorenson Squeeze to batch-convert the edited files from their source format to WMV and/or QT
    -- Frameshots to batch-process the making of screencaps.
    I was thinking the same thing only with ImTOO for batch-converting. :thumbsup:

maxpower
    Maybe it would be best to go with Adobe's Premiere I am going to have to check it out I guess. I really only need to fix-up like 50-60 videos, and think it will take me like 2 months to get around to doing all of them. I really hope I do not need to learn 3 separate programs, just to fix these videos up.

Chip you think Adobe's Premiere would be best for a small number of 20-30 minute videos. This is just something I would like to wrap up as easily as possible, these videos are older, I just want to add them for bulk.

max, if all you're doing is encoding, sorenson is the man! if you need to cut things up and reassemble them, or make clips, get boilsoft's splitter and joiner.

if you need an editor, i love, live and recommend sony vegas. it's easier and it uses much less system resources then premiere or pinnacle and there are a couple versions under $150 - certainly not the case with premiere.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    max, if all you're doing is encoding, sorenson is the man! if you need to cut things up and reassemble them, or make clips, get boilsoft's splitter and joiner.

if you need an editor, i love, live and recommend sony vegas. it's easier and it uses much less system resources then premiere or pinnacle and there are a couple versions under $150 - certainly not the case with premiere.
    Thax Bass I will check those out too, might just get a free copy of premiere, just to get these 55 videos working the way I would like. I know someday I will need to learn videos editing for real, and all but today is not that day :morning:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Premiere has a good media encoder in it. It's not as flexible or intuitive as Sorenson, and (from my experience) the Premiere encoder seems to produce larger files than Sorenson for the same bitrate. It's also slower than Sorenson. But it does do a decent job and if you want to not mess with several programs, then you could get by with Premiere. I am pretty sure that Vegas also has a media encoder in it.

vegas DOES have a media encoder, of course.

when i was making my videos on the same computer as i was working on, i was able to continue working while vegas or sorenson did their thing - albeit a little slower. i was not able to continue working while pinnacle or premiere did their thing. i appreciate stuff that does as good a job without using up my system resources.

and yes, if you're getting a free copy of premiere, you can do everything you need on it. i found the learning curve was pretty steep but maybe someone can walk you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Premiere has a good media encoder in it. It's not as flexible or intuitive as Sorenson, and (from my experience) the Premiere encoder seems to produce larger files than Sorenson for the same bitrate. It's also slower than Sorenson. But it does do a decent job and if you want to not mess with several programs, then you could get by with Premiere. I am pretty sure that Vegas also has a media encoder in it.