Thread: Cheneys miffed over baby talk

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar

Cheneys miffed over baby talk

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/....ap/index.html

This story kind of annoys me because of the hypocricy Cheney (both Dick and Mary) exhibit in it.

Yes, Mary Cheney deserves to be able to have a child and she's right in that loving, gay parents can raise children just as well - and have those children be just as well-adjusted, happy, secure and taken care of - than any straight parent. Sexual orientation has never been shown to have any negative effect on child-rearing abilities or the mental and emotional health of the child, as the ultra-conservative types try and suggest. She has every right to have a child.

But at the same time, the Republicans are the ones that make this such an issue. For Dick Cheney to have gotten so pissed at Wolf Blitzer and accused him of going "over the line" because it was a question about his daughter is bullshit.

Every lesbian is someone's daughter. Every gay man is someone's son. If Dick Cheney doesn't like seeing people politicize what he views as his family's personal business, he needs to take a long, hard look at how the Republican Party has politicized and criticized the lives of millions of gay Americans and their familes and how millions of parents of gays and lesbians see their children being politicized and attacked by the Republican Party over and over and over again - at the very least with each new election season. Mary Cheney's been a part of that with her work on behalf of her father's campaigns and work advocating what her father and his party stand for.

Maybe, when Dick Cheney gets so testy and pissed everytime someone brings up the issue, he needs to think about how parents of gays and lesbians across the country might feel everytime the Republicans attack homosexuality as a sinful vice undeserving of parenthood, marriage, civil rights, equality or even human dignity. If Dick Cheney thinks it's "over the line", you'd think he'd understand just how "over the line" the Republicans go with countless families across the country everytime they pull their anti-homosexual bullshit.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I would love to see someone actually call him on that using the logic you're describing. Cheney is notoriously anti-media and reported to be a total asshole, so it would be interesting to see someone make him squirm. However, I doubt that any network would allow their reporter the ability to do that, since Cheney could (and likely would) find a way to retaliate.

Yeah, all the mainstream news outlet journalists have no spine when it comes to something like that.

They want the interviews - interviews with presidents, vice presidents, and other high-ranking officials.

So if they really have at the subject of the interview, lay in to them with some real questions, and stick to their guns on questioning and expose politicians for the BS that journalist is 100% aware they're full of, they risk losing "access". They risk not getting that next interview. They risk being cut out of those big interviews.

So instead of actually questioning people, getting answers, grilling those that deserve to be grilled and getting to the truth, they just throw out fluff. The occasional "hard" question isn't followed up, and they let the interviewee get away with some fluff response that doesn't address the question at all. So that they can get an interview with that guy again later on. That's what brings in the ratings.

The fact that Dick Cheney can still, with a straight face, get in front of journalists and talk about Iraq/9.11, Iraq/WMD, an "insurgency in its last throes" and say such blatant lies over and over again is testament to that. No journalist calls them on it. Same with the president. They have free reign to say whatever they want and spin anything the way they want because they know no journalist will do anything to stop it, but instead just parrot the lies.

The conservative elitist mentality always comes back to bite them in the ass. Fun to watch :cheekymonkey:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Wonder how his daughter really feels about him. Really has to be hurting her.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    Wonder how his daughter really feels about him. Really has to be hurting her.
    She's nearly as big of a hypocrite as her father. She gets zero sympathy from me.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    She's nearly as big of a hypocrite as her father. She gets zero sympathy from me.
    She is MORE of a hypocrite than her father. To actively campaign for her father in the last election...it disgusts me. Gay people like her need to just go to one of those "straight camps" and get it over with. We dont need them.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    She is MORE of a hypocrite than her father. To actively campaign for her father in the last election...it disgusts me. Gay people like her need to just go to one of those "straight camps" and get it over with. We dont need them.
    I like you Tropixxx.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Perhaps he's just upset he can't feast on its flesh because it's tainted. Back to the same 'ol baby seal freezer as usual.

But yeah, as dense as some Republicans seem, even they understand their own hypocracy. You can count the gay figures in the party (like Ken Mehlman) even though they can sometimes publically treat them as if they don't deserve to breathe the same air that fills their lungs.

Oh my god, that's it. What if they're breathing the same air that filled GAY LUNGS?! They should be upset! That's how we queer them!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Has she ever given an interview to explain her views or how she feels about the party's stance and so on?

Has she ever given an interview to explain her views or how she feels about the party's stance and so on?
    She's definitely welcomed publicity about it, so long as it's in her financial interests. Speaking tours, lectures, and she wrote a book in which she discussed being both a lesbian and Cheney's daughter. So, as long as it comes with $$$ she's more than happy to be public and milk it for all it's worth. But try and call her on it and she cries "Let me have some privacy!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaleVideos View Post
    Oh my god, that's it. What if they're breathing the same air that filled GAY LUNGS?! They should be upset! That's how we queer them!

OH my god I WILL use that in the future.

"Gay lungs have filled the air you breathe."

or how bout "molecules from my ass encompass the air in your lungs for I have just farted" :bunny:

I WILL use that in the future
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Xstr8guy
    She wrote a book. But apparently she dodged the only topic that people actually care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    She wrote a book. But apparently she dodged the only topic that people actually care about.
    Man ... :ill:

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    She is one big fucking cop out! She sold out her own kind a long time ago working for that jerk bush and her father. I wonder how much money she is getting from jerk bush and her father, for keeping her mouth shut and not opening up on them. I wonder how much of the 90 million her fathers company made she is going to get?

The day she started working for the Jerk she lost the right for this not to be a public issue. What gets me is when the right wing went after her, her father did nothing to shut them up. What kind of father is that?

Poor Mary could have done more to help gay rights being where she is and the people she could touch. But money turned her head on her own kind. I hope Poor Mary and the people under Bush Burn in hell!!!!

By the way on Sirius radio between 2 and 6 Monday throw Friday on channel 106 there is a guy that has a talk radio show that Blasts Bush and the right wing.