Thread: Can you find the link?

marcjacob

Can you find the link?

Bit of a test for you! I have a new site and theres one link i want surfers to find. If youd help id be soooooo happy.

http://www.freegaysexboard.com

Take a look at the site before you read the next post so you dont know what i hope you will find.Then just tell me if you got it or not!

Im trying to find out if surfers will find the link or not.

marcjacob
    I wanted u to find the forum. Now i thought it was clearly easy to find but im told by 3 people that they didnt find it?

Did you?

(sorry for the games. i need to know if surfers wont automaticly click that click).

BTW thankyou for looking!

Xstr8guy
    It's pretty hard to find the link. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been searching hard for a link. Is there a reason why the link isn't more obvious if you want surfers to find it?

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Is there a reason why the link isn't more obvious if you want surfers to find it?
    Yeah, bad design on my part .

I thought it was easy to find as there are a couple of text links.

Xstr8guy
    I think the best way to make links really obvious is to have them presented in a menu format. Surfers seem to be conditioned to look for things in an organized fashion. Either that or just don't have other unnecessary links on the page.

Xstr8guy
    I think the best way to make links really obvious is to have them presented in a menu format. Surfers seem to be conditioned to look for things in an organized fashion. Either that or just don't have other unnecessary links on the page.
    Here is a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about...

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/

Btw, if you use a graphic button, make sure you do another link with text like GWW does.

marcjacob
    Here is a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about...

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/

Btw, if you use a graphic button, make sure you do another link with text like GWW does.

Yeah i get what your saying. This wasnt intended as a review request but lets see where it goes. Ill make the changes when the thread dies down. Im open for for reviews.

Thank xstraightguy!

Xstr8guy
    I'm assuming that you want to kick-start this new forum with lots of new traffic, right? If that is your purpose, don't try to divert the surfer that enters your site by trying to entice him with paysite links. Once the site is established, there will be plenty of opportunity to jack the surfer around.

marcjacob
    I'm assuming that you want to kick-start this new forum with lots of new traffic, right? If that is your purpose, don't try to divert the surfer that enters your site by trying to entice him with paysite links. Once the site is established, there will be plenty of opportunity to jack the surfer around.
    Its meant to be my futile attempt at a hub! on the first page, below all the gallery links, will be my avs sites.

PLEASE tell me where im going wrong. I have no idea what im doing here!

BTW every link bar a few i make money from.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I agree with what he said.
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Madame0120
    How about making those landing page links- open in a new window? Never let the surfer leave your site.

$0.02