Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland help...

Making Pain Pay!

Disneyland help...

My Boyfriend and I are going to Disneyland at the end of February. Any helpfull hints? Advice you want to pass on?

We plan to get a 2 day parkhopper pass (if there is such a thing)...do both California Adventure and Disney.

Anything we should skip and not wait in line for? Anything that is a MUST see, etc.

Thanks.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Yeah, skip California Adventures altogether. LOL. The bst par tof that park is "Soarin Over California", "California Screamin" and "The Tower of Terror"... that's about it.

Disneyland, I HIGHLY recommend "Buzz LIghtyear's Astro Blasters".... it is a fun interactive ride where you and your partner compete against each other by shooting targets as you progress through the ride. It is also the only ride in the park where you can get a picture of you at the end of the ride for free... you don' have to buy it. Just email it to yourself from the kiosk at the giftshop.

Everything in Disneyland is fun. Have a blast!

R.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I'd just like to underscore Rocky's point about avoiding California Adventure.

WHY does it even exist?

sXeRyan
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    I'd just like to underscore Rocky's point about avoiding California Adventure.

WHY does it even exist?
    I would still go for the sake of the 3 rides Rocky listed - California Soaring, California Screaming and Tower of terror. And if you're into childish rides - Monsters Inc. is new over there.

As far as Disneyland itself goes - EVERY ride is worth going on. For fuck's sake - its Disneyland.

I actually considered leaving my job a few years back to work in their real estate / planning dept.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeRyan View Post
    And if you're into childish rides - Monsters Inc. is new over there.

As far as Disneyland itself goes - EVERY ride is worth going on. For fuck's sake - its Disneyland.
    Well, I am 35 and he is 25, and we are going to Disneyland...so it is safe to assume we like childish rides. :elvis:

We are REALLY looking forward to the trip, and appreciate everyones input.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

ace-case
    As soon as the park opens go to the Blue Boyou and make reservations. I believe you can call a few days prior to get it in as well. Disney has a main number to make reservations.

If you want kiddie type stuff try the Character Breakfast. It's buffet but you get to take photos with all the characters.

Corn Dogs just outside Main St are the bomb!

Always keep your park admission ticket handy. You will use it for the faster line for every attraction. They name they call it escapes me but hey when you see it you will know what I mean. As far as lines are concerned, you are allowed 2 fastpasses so get 2 and wait in line for the third.

1. pirates
    2. indiana jones
    3. splash mountain.
    4. Haunted Mansion.

On the weekends they have a swing band over by the Carnation pavillion. If you want to view some of the late night shows you may also want to make reservations in the New Orleans quarter. They have special seating above and below to view Fantasia.

There is a secret club in the New Orleans quarter. If you have a buddy working for a fortune 100 firm I suggest you ask if you can make reservations. Very Disney and very exclusive -- Don't quote me but I think its the Club 33, adjacent to the Blue Boyou. It would help if you had a buddy working at GE they are a major stockholder at Disney. Don't quote me but you could finesse something out of it.

Don't ask me why I know these things..... I really don't. Good luck.

sXeRyan
    Quote Originally Posted by ace-case View Post
    As soon as the park opens go to the Blue Boyou and make reservations. I believe you can call a few days prior to get it in as well. Disney has a main number to make reservations.
    The Boyou is great and they just redid their menu - also try the Napa Rose located in the Grand Californian - some of the best food I've had in a long time.

ace-case
    since i can't edit the post.. for some unknown reason.. i think myself...

Here goes.

If you want kiddie type stuff try the Character Breakfast. It's buffet but you get to take photos with all the characters.

Corn Dogs just outside Main St are the bomb!

Always keep your park admission ticket handy. You will use it for the faster line for every attraction. As far as lines are concerned, you are allowed 2 fastpasses for every time period so get 2 passes and wait in line for the third.

The busiest rides are (in no particular order)
    1. space mountain
    2. indiana jones
    3. splash mountain.
    4. Haunted Mansion.
    5. autopia

On the weekends they have a swing band over by the Carnation pavillion. If you want to view some of the late night shows you may also want to make reservations in the New Orleans quarter. They have special seating above and below to view Fantasia.

Dinner in Downtown Disney is a good option. Always eat on the second floor of the restaraunts. Try Catal (ask for their signature pressed salad) or the Louisiana Steak house on the second floor. Stay away from the Italian Pizza place -- overpriced and no value for what you get. I get more value from a can of Chef Boyardee.

There is a secret club in the New Orleans quarter. If you have a buddy working for a fortune 100 firm I suggest you ask if you can make reservations. Very Disney and very exclusive -- Don't quote me but I think its the Club 33, adjacent to the Blue Boyou. It would help if you had a buddy working at GE they are a major stockholder at Disney. Don't quote me but you could finesse something out of it.

Personally I like California Adventrue. It's more laid back. The park is smaller but take the time to see the shows and stroll the park. Heck learn how to draw Winnie the Pooh in the Hollywood section. It's more like going to a neighborhood bazzar than a disney park. Try to visit the Grand Californian. Great space, really good Napa Restaurant. If seating is a problem ask to sit at the kitchen, they have stools and you get a little show of them preparing your food as well.

Don't ask me why I know these things..... I really don't. Good luck.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    As an annual passholder for several years running, here are my suggestions.

ace-case makes a great point. For the larger attractions keep your eyes peeled for the "FastPass" machines. Basically, it holds your place in line and lets you return at a later time to sort of cut into line. The ticket will tell you what time to return to the attraction (within a two hour window) and at that point you come back and get in the special "FastPass" line which is much shorter than the regular line.

Most people enter the park through the Castle and into Fantasyland. You'll get around much quicker if you make your way up Main Street and head to your left, before you get to the Castle. That will take you to Tomorrowland. You'll be going against the flow of the traffic but the lines will be a bit shorter.

California Adventure is not as bad as everyone says. But, having said that, you can cover it in about half a day. It's big on atmosphere and short on rides, so if you're more of a "do stuff" than a "see stuff" person then yeah, breeze through it the morning of your second day and then head back over to Disney to revisit the stuff you like or the stuff you missed.

Weekdays are the best time to go, because the lines are not so long, but if you do a weekend, Sundays are better than Saturdays. But it is winter now, so even Saturdays won't be too bad.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'm at the park all the time. I'm a big Disney geek.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

sXeRyan
    All of this Disneyland talk is making me want to ditch Xbiz this week and head to Anaheim.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    oh now... common gang, california adventure isn't that bad

you gotta see the muppet 3D theater and a couple of other attractions in Hollywood...

after all daddy DeAngelo fucking DID HOLLYWOOD (land) and if you don't like the way it looks, too fucking bad!

we thought the gimmicks were great, especially the "award wieners" hot dog stand - best wiener in a supporting role not to mention, Dial M for muscle (no coincidence that our last release was Dial B for Bareback...

personally, I puke on rides so I like the walking attractions - more appropriate for a man of my years

and btw, Pirates was uncle Walt's favorite... I don't know about the newly refurbished ride, they've taken the "splash drop" away and that was half the fun...

and no, Walt is not buried on THAT property...(he's a little further north)

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    When I want to go on RIDES in Ca, I got to Six Flags Magic Mountain. The rides (or the people) aren't as "cute", but they ARE exciting!

Making Pain Pay!

Budget...

Ok, one last question...and thanks for all the tips so far...

We will be there for two full days and a half day. I have heard that food is expensive there...but I cant seem to nail down any prices anywhere. Every guide book has the $-$$$$ indications, but no real prices. How much should we budget for food?

Are the Disney meal plans worth it? Or do they pigeonhole you into only eating at certain places.

Lastly, we want one really romantic dinner (or lunch). What do you think is the most romantic resturant there?

Thanks.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    The Blue Bayou is the most romantic restaurant. It is actually inside of The Pirates of the Carribean ride. it is inside, but it looks like you are sitting outside on a Louisiana river cafe at night... complete with blinking fireflies , croaking frogs, and moonlit clouds projected on the ceiling. And a banjo strumming lazily in the background. Make reservations EARLY. Valentines Day is booked MONTHS in advance for this place.

Downtown Disney also has some very nice upscale places to go. My bf and I went to this amazing place just across from Jamba Juice (the name escapes me).

Make sure you watch Fantasmic on the Rivers of America at 7pm or 9pm... very romantic at times.

Rocky

PS: I am tempted to grab my bf and go with you!!!
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Rocky is right. I've never eaten there but I hear it's wonderful and every time I ride pirates I look longingly at the people eating and think how much I would love to do dinner there. I always just forget to get a reservation in the morning.

Plan about $10 - $20 per meal. You can eat a little cheaper at some places but what you don't spend at a restaurant you'll spend at a snack cart. You can't escape it, they're everywhere and you will break down once you smell the fresh popped popcorn, hot pretzels, Churros, etc.

Are you going to be there this Saturday by chance? Me and some of my leatherboy friends are going to be there for the day and if we're in the same place at the same time we may as well meet up, if for nothing else to finally meet in person.

Oh, and speaking of kinky, make sure you ride Splash Mountain, or as I like to call it "Bears and Bondage". You'll know why once you ride it, trust me. Oh, and the Winnie The Poo ride has the best Disney Bukkake scene you'll ever see.

Oh, and Rocky pointed out to me that I made a blunder. Tomorrowland is on your Right when you get to the end of Main Street. You'll see a statue of Walt and Mickey just before you get to the Castle. Tomorrowland is to your right and Frontierland is to your left. Sorry about that.

Oh, and once you are at the statue, move a quarter turn to your left (i have it correct this time, I swear) so that you see the statue from the side. Walt should be in front of Mickey from this view so that all you can see of him is his little mouse nose. From this point of view it appears that Walt is VERY excited to see all the people entering his park. Hee hee. I'm such a stinker.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com