Thread: Censor images on AVS tours?

marcjacob

Censor images on AVS tours?

Been viewing some avs sites to see what people are upto, ive noticed a few people blur out the vital bits on photos on their tour. Do you think thats a good idea or bad?

I thought you were meant to turn the surfer on. I wonder if maybe surfers get more horny filling in the blanks? Maybe they want to see more.

I cant imagine a paysite doing this though, and i guess if it really worked well they would.

Any thoughts?

maxpower
    I think allot of that “Cover the Cock” crap is just remnants of the “real” AVS days. Some are just old sites some are just webmaster that still think its 1999, but I must say I only give PG preview images on AVS tours even to this day, I guess old habits die hard. I would not advice bolting out anything in images, but soft core content and AVS tours can work. But you now what I think about AVS in the 21st century though. :flogging:

marcjacob
    So you dont think it makes the surfer fill in the blanks? I dont actually. I tend to think that sufers want to see cock and will leave if they cant see it without stopping to look at the tour.

maxpower
    No I think blotting out or editing the images are NOT a good idea, but PG or non nude content can work well with AVS and really other types of sites. Just when you edit the images like that it leaves some bad impressions with many viewers, now days for sure. :sleepy:

universalpass
    We only allow censored images fro our previews.

I hope this helps

maxpower
    opps l9ol

i think some people actually do use aen sites as a way to protect miinors, and it does make sense in that case to censor the images.

as far as the old theory that censoring makes people fill in the blanks or turns them on more, that has been disproven again and again. as i recall, ars tried censored tours once upon a time. so did tcg. i remember when tcg did it, i was promoting one of theri str8 sites and one of their gay and sales went from 1:300ish to worse than 1:1000 - literally overnight. we talked about that on boards and everyone had the same thing happen. i've seen other programs have the same results over the years. cock and pussy and penetration sell.

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i think some people actually do use aen sites as a way to protect miinors, and it does make sense in that case to censor the images.

as far as the old theory that censoring makes people fill in the blanks or turns them on more, that has been disproven again and again. as i recall, ars tried censored tours once upon a time. so did tcg. i remember when tcg did it, i was promoting one of theri str8 sites and one of their gay and sales went from 1:300ish to worse than 1:1000 - literally overnight. we talked about that on boards and everyone had the same thing happen. i've seen other programs have the same results over the years. cock and pussy and penetration sell.
    Thanks thats interesting. I kind of thought that would be the case.

Im worried that any webmaster would think that avs would keep minors out. You can get visa cards at young ages these days. UK Electron cards get issued well before your 18 and mine works as VISA on most sites.

1. the law had claimed that credit cards were a way to verify age.

2. kids between 1 and 12 do not have credit cards, and anyone really interested in protecting children are probably most interested in protecting actual children, not teenagers.

marcjacob
    So why are avs no longer allowed to mention age verifcation?

Dzinerbear
    Back in 2003 VISA passed a rule saying you couldn't use the phrase "age verficiation" because the implication was that ownership of a VISA card was proof that you were an adult.

Some AVS's required webmasters to remove any mention of the phrase or anything like "protecting minors." Others like UGAS just seemed to have carried on calling themselves an AVS.

The whole thing has caused a great deal of confusion in the business. In some cases wm's submitting galleries to an AVS couldn't mention the word, but then when they submitted to a link list, they were still submitting under the category of AVS. Other wm's had long stopped submitting and didn't give a shit about the new rules, they didn't make the compliance changes, and so there are thousands of pages out there still saying AVS. Others still proclaimed it was the death of AVS and many listened and like lemmings just simply moved on without seeing if AVS was truly dead. And anyone who came along afterwards was just simply confused.

I wouldn't dream of censoring pics on AVS tours. I think that is so 1997. I remember when AVS first started that was a typical sales pitch. The other pitch on newsgroups was that the FBI was going to start arresting anyone who had XXX pictures up that weren't protected behind and AVS ...

I think if you expect someone to pull out their credit card, you ought to show them some dick first. Would you invite a pictureless trick over that you met on gay.com? Of course not.

When I first started my AVS hubs, I didn't show much of anything, in fact, I did the old "click here for a preview" and it went right to a join page. When I smarted up and put up proper preview pictures, my sales went through the roof.

Cheers
    Michael

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I remember when AVS first started that was a typical sales pitch. The other pitch on newsgroups was that the FBI was going to start arresting anyone who had XXX pictures up that weren't protected behind and AVS ...
    THe good old days :donmike: