Thread: hardwiring iPod in your vehicle

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar

hardwiring iPod in your vehicle

Has anyone done this? Any recommendations? Equipment you found that worked well for it?

And I mean actually hardwiring it in to your car's audio and power systems. No cigarette lighter adapters, no casette player adapters, no FM-transmitters (with all their static).

I mean actually mounting a small docking station in to your vehicle, in to which you can put your iPod and have it tied in to the car's power as well as the car's audio system, hardwired behind the dash/console so that it's just a new audio source, just like your CD/FM/AM/Satellite Radio/DVD or whatever.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

Making Pain Pay!

In four easy steps...

In four easy steps.

1. Get in your car.
    2. Drive to your local BMW dealer.
    3. Trade in your car for a new BMW with fully integrated iPod dock stereo.
    4. Drive away listening to your tunes.

I have heard the VW also is now integrating docks into their new cars. Also, we have a chain out here called "CarToys". They sell steros, etc. They will hardwire a dock into your vehicle as well. May be a little cheaper than a new VW or BMW.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Brian,

I know I've seen these... an Ipod holder/adaptor with wiring harness that hard-wires into the stereo. I'm a little surprised that Crutchfield doesn't seem to have one.

Maybe check Griffin, they make a ton of Ipod accessories. And if I find the reference, I'll post it here.

Found it.

http://www.ipod2car.com/

INterfaces either through the manufacturer's external CD changer interface, or to various manufacturer's OEM digital interface.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Found it.

http://www.ipod2car.com/

INterfaces either through the manufacturer's external CD changer interface, or to various manufacturer's OEM digital interface.
    Ah sweet that's the kinda thing I'm lookin for. There's a fair number of products out there but it's a question of finding the right one with the right interface especially. Either way, I wanna stay away from those FM wireless ones at all costs hehe. And no cigarette lighter power adapters.

those use the FM transmitters though, I think =\ Which I want to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    In four easy steps.

1. Get in your car.
    2. Drive to your local BMW dealer.
    3. Trade in your car for a new BMW with fully integrated iPod dock stereo.
    4. Drive away listening to your tunes.

I have heard the VW also is now integrating docks into their new cars. Also, we have a chain out here called "CarToys". They sell steros, etc. They will hardwire a dock into your vehicle as well. May be a little cheaper than a new VW or BMW.
    Both my brother and father have BMWs and so that, of course, precludes me from ever having one. . My new car has an mp3 compatible stereo so that just involves plugging the iPod in to it through the headset slot but that doesn't charge the iPod, and I'm wondering how much sound quality is lost doing that. Like... is the sound output delivered for headphones not maximized for use in a car stereo system with its speaker set up and what not.

I will have to look around for a CarToys type place here. Perhaps SoundAdvice or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD View Post
    Ah sweet that's the kinda thing I'm lookin for. There's a fair number of products out there but it's a question of finding the right one with the right interface especially. Either way, I wanna stay away from those FM wireless ones at all costs hehe. And no cigarette lighter power adapters.
    Here's a link to a place that has the wiring harnesses to go with the ipod2car for various radios and cars

http://www.soundoffaudio.com/items.c...%20ACCESSORIES