Thread: Dependable Hosting...What?

festeris

Yeah Dependable Hosting...What?

:humble:
    Now don't be confused or frightened. I know dependable & hosting in the same sentence. What a concept!

In a nutshell, I got tired of hosting my own sites on shitty, shared servers whose reseller/owners are too frigging busy doing whatever to take care of my paltry issues.

If you want something done right do it yourself...so I did!

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Luke at Chilihost is a good, dependable guy with great, prizewinning hosting services.

He's well known here on this very board and on other boards as well.

http://www.chilihost.com

DEVELISH
    :-D

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by festeris View Post
    :humble:
    In a nutshell, I got tired of hosting my own sites on shitty, shared servers whose reseller/owners are too frigging busy doing whatever to take care of my paltry issues.

If you want something done right do it yourself...so I did!
    Um, not to be a wet blanket, but aren't you, in fact, simply reselling Carpathia Hosting, who, in turn, is buying space and transit from Equinix's data centers? It seems that both your DNS servers and the main IP address for your website resolve to Carpathia's netblock.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with reselling somebody else's data center, bandwidth, or even their servers... just that if you're going say that everyone else sucks because they are reselling, you should not be lying or misrepresenting your own situation. And I note that you're based in Massachusetts, while the data centers you apparently host with are in either Arizona or Virginia... so how is it that you are able to "do things yourself" in case of a problem?

Normally I don't rip people like this, but I just get really annoyed at drive-by spammers selling lies.