Thread: Price Point Help...

Making Pain Pay!

Price Point Help...

Hey guys...I was wondering if I could have a little feedback.

I have about 50 hours of high quality custom exclusive footage that I have filmed for our niche (male spanking). I am looking to create a new paysite and it would seem that I have two options:

1. DRM protect and them stream all the content at once on my own site to prevent/hinder hijacking, theft, etc. With DRM, I would post all 50 hours of footage at once, and then add new clips each week.

2. Bypass the DRM and just post the clips on a weekly basis without DRM so that they could be downloaded and saved. This option would mean that I launch the site with only a few hours of footage, then slowly add the rest of the content on a weekly basis until it is all up and downloaded. Maybe rotate older clips out, so that you would have to be a member for several months to get all the clips.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe a third model I am not thinking of?

What price point would be a good one for this much content?

(In addition to the videos, I have thousands of stills from all the photo shoots, plus behind the scene footage, etc.)

I am not sure that I want to post all 50 hours without DRM so that someone could download it all for $19.99 (or whatever) when it cost me thousands to make it...

As always, feedback appreciated.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

How long have you been gay?
    I would not DRM protect it.

The main reason is that DRM does not work properly for Mac users.

As for the price point, I believe $19.95 is a bit cheap.

adammalejames
    I think it all depends on the quality of the footage and how often you will have updates. I am inclined to believe that if you put up all 50 hours and keep posting great new stuff each week, people will keep their memberships to see what is next- whether they have downloaded everything in your archives or not. And I agree DRM just sucks.

marcjacob
    Is drm where they have to have an active password to view it? If so i hate that. Bel Ami do that. Its just annoying to me.

the truth is that if you have a paysite, people are going to save your movies one way or another. there are ways around DRM for those who are interested and DRM means you miss out on all mac users.

you could offer your videos streaming only in an embedded player, but the same people who would take the time and troulble to save DRM protected movies will probably be the ones who know how to work around that.

you could offer embedded flash videos.

the catch here is that legit members like downloading movies off of the sites they join. and we've had members who cancel and rejoin and tell us that they do that because they were watching our movies from their harddrive and they saw the watermark and thought they'd like to see the latest updates.

i would charge $24.95, btw, not $19.95. keep in mind that regular updates mean retention.

How long have you been gay?
    I actually signed up for Microsofts DRM program and implemented it four our keith manheim site. You can configure it in many ways like:

1. the user can play the file forever on one computer.
    2. the user can play the file x many times
    3. the user can play the file for x days

etc...

We scrapped the whole project because we didn't want Mac users charging back their memberships or asking for refunds. Also DRM protected videos dont work on iPods