Thread: Bake Back The White House!

Socket2Jake

Bake Back The White House!

You can find a Bake Sale near you this weekend by entering your zip code, then bake or eat Bush outta office!!!

http://action.moveonpac.org/bakesale/?zip=22043

BDBionic
    I'm so there. There's 2 of them right near where I live!

i talked to a couple people who are much more politically informed than i am. they said that this could hurt kerry's campaign, as the money raised and donated to the organization would be "soft money", not "hard money".

if each person who collects money sends it on their own, they saud it would be better than if the organization sends it.

if the organization sends too much to be allowable, it could be either unacceptable legally or - if accepted - could be used by republicans to show that kerry broke the law.

anyone know if this is correct?

BDBionic
    As the money being raised actually goes to MoveOn's Political Action Committee rather than the candidate's campaign, it's cleared that hurdle.

There are several arms to MoveOn, the PAC being one of them. PAC's are officially independent and not affiliated with actual campaigns.

So the money raised in the bakesale goes to the MoveOn PAC, who in turn uses it to support Kerry and oppose Bush. But they won't take the money that's raised and funnel it directly to the Kerry campaign. They'll use it for the PAC's own campaign.

Socket2Jake
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    As the money being raised actually goes to MoveOn's Political Action Committee rather than the candidate's campaign, it's cleared that hurdle.

There are several arms to MoveOn, the PAC being one of them. PAC's are officially independent and not affiliated with actual campaigns.

So the money raised in the bakesale goes to the MoveOn PAC, who in turn uses it to support Kerry and oppose Bush. But they won't take the money that's raised and funnel it directly to the Kerry campaign. They'll use it for the PAC's own campaign.
    Hooray!!!

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    There was actually a sale going on a few street away from us. Unfortunately, we worked all day and never left the house.

Looks like there will be others though... I have to check this out.

Thanks for the update, BD. This makes me much better about donating

GA