Thread: Photoshop Slice Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Photoshop Slice Question

Quick question re: slicing PSD files.

I have a .psd ready that i need to slice up however, in the .psd i have a user/password login box (kind of like an affiliate login) how would i go about slicing the image in such a way that this login box remains intact so i can actually put a form call in it?

Anyone happen to know?

I have done the Google thing and cant find the answer

Regards,

Lee

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    All righty, Lee...I may have the answer for you.

1) First save the .psd you are working on then make a copy of it removing the login box since to make that functional, you will need to add it an a <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="" VALUE="" SIZE=20 MAXLENGTH=39> later

2) Make a table with the rows/columns to match the slices and fill in all of the images normally

3) Locate the cell where you want you login box to be. Remove that image from the table and use it as the BACKGROUND for that cell instead ( for ex: <td WIDTH=100 BACKGROUND="images/image name.jpg">

4) Nest a table INSIDE the cell that has the image backaground created above - make sure that table is a FORM. Place your input field, submit button etc in that nested table.

5) of course, add your method, action and whatever hidden inputs required to make the form functional in html afterwards

--sometimes it can take some quick modification on the size of the slices to get that graphic background just right so the nested table hold all of the elements you need for the form and still looks right

There may be a more elegant solution out there, but this is the one I use personally for our sites.

Hope that helped
    Last edited by Harlan; 04-29-2004 at 07:27 AM.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Harlan pretty much nailed what I'd do as well, by bringing in the form part of the slice as a background. One other little trick that helps is to assign that background cell in your table the same height and width as your image.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Bec - that's how you do it too, excellent! I knew it worked for me but if that's what u do as well, then I must being doing it correctly after all.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com