Thread: I Need To Lower My Cholesterol Level

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Need To Lower My Cholesterol Level

Any of you folks ever had to lower your cholesterol before? If so, how did you go about doing it?

Regards,

Lee

Sana Chan
    I hear eating Oatmeal every day lowers it. Also there's a good cereal by Kelloggs called "Smart Start" and it has a healthy heart mix. I love thier antioxidant mix. So yummy. :heartu:

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Do some workout, eat less fat - thats what my doc tole me
    :-D

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The nonprofit I used to work with used dietary approaches to treatment of a lot of diseases, including high cholesterol.

-- Eat oatmeal daily, it is clinically proven to help reduce cholesterol

-- Reduce fat intake, including fried foods, butter, oils, etc.

-- There is a special oil, raw flaxseed oil, available at the health food store which is also clinically shown to reduce cholesterol. You put about 2 Tbsp a day on a baked potato in lieu of butter or on a salad. This also helps to remove arterial plaque (which contributes to cardiac problems) so sometimes your cholesterol will spike a little bit in the first 4-6 weeks, but then drop pretty dramatically.

-- If you have a juicer, make fresh green juice (green leaf lettuce, green chard, romaine, red cabbage, and apple) and drink a glass or two once a day.

If you do those three things you should see your cholesterol reduce substantially in 6-8 weeks.

wnc
    Yeah... beware of Quaker Oakmeal, it made me visit the bathroom too many times.

I feel for you Lee.

Once I had a high number but I think it may have been a false reading. In anycase, I tried to learn eating what I call cardboard, ie, eggless pasta noddles with powered non-fat sauce flavored water. Once a month I treated myself to a restaurant I loved nearby, being constantly, hauntingly taunted by the aroma, that served freshly ground meat in the best greasy 60ish era style burgers.

The high result did scare me and I actually still read the food labels in the store and have keep up with vitamins. At age 48, my numbers have remained "comfortable" for years now, and I continue to love my fried double-egg-dipped breaded chicken breasts... finger food of the GODS to me.

desslock
    It's easy.

Just eat nothing but fresh fruit until noon. And eat a total diet that is one third fruits and vegetables. In fact I'll bet if you just do the fruit thing and eat a real salad along with your regular meals, you'll be most of the way there.

Easy schmeazy.

Steve

CamCruise
    I take Lipitor. A long with a good workout program and eating better it has made all the difference for me. My cholesterol levels have been in the good range for years now.

lottatoys
    Doesn't drinking red wine help with the HDL levels as well?

padabum
    Well Lee there are 5 simple rules to follow:

FIRST: NO ALCOHOL
    SECOND: NO JUNK FOOD
    THIRD: NO SMOKING
    FOURTH: NO SEX

FIFTH AND MOST IMPORTANT: HAVE MORE FUN IN LIFE

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    It's easy.

Just eat nothing but fresh fruit until noon. And eat a total diet that is one third fruits and vegetables.
    Sounds like the instructions to create a giant stink bomb!

You don't have any gasseous problems eating that much fruits and vegetables? I know some people handle it a lot better than ... well. ME