Thread: George Michael Records First 'Gay' Song...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

George Michael Records First 'Gay' Song...

George Michael has confessed one of the songs on his new album was recorded specifically for gay men to dance to.

The singer-songwriter, who is currently promoting his new album "Patience," said his cover of The Ones' single "Flawless" is intended to connect with his gay audience.

He added, "It's about time I made a record for the boys really, isn't it?" in an interview with Magic FM radio station.

"This is definitely a big boystown record. I think there will be people dancing round their handbags to this one. The gay clubs will love this one," he told interviewer Richard Park.

He also revealed he suffers from the same worries and fears as many gay men, especially about getting fat in the public eye -- although he is getting to the age where it matters less and less.

"Normally if I know there is going to be one camera about, let alone a week's worth of cameras, which is what I was dealing with doing a bit of the European stuff, I would try and lose weight. That's my absolute safeguard," he said.

He said his weight concern results in part from a tabloid incident.

"The most horrific thing that happened when I got caught out in L.A. was that I got photographed with my shirt off and I was fat. There was one photo in the News of the World that had a subheading 'fat and gay,'" he said.

"Talk about body fascist and homophobic. It was like saying, 'Can you imagine two worst things than being fat and gay?'"

But as he matures, he says he is less likely to stick to a healthy eating plan.

"It didn't work this time. I couldn't be bothered. I kept going to the fridge and saying, 'They love me for my music.'"

Michael said his next album project will be a collection of duets with the world's greatest divas, and he hopes to make the tracks available for download on the Internet.
    http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?2004/04/16/4

Oh i dont know, i think he is lying...

Surely 'Outside' was his first gay song.. cottaging.. public nudity and all that

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    this, as opposed to his previous title 'father figure'
    which is geared toward the pedophiles.

good to see georgie covering all the markets.

MacDaddy
    Forget about the song, what the hell is this guy talking about? Is it just me, or does he sound like a total idiot? I don't even know what this means:

"Normally if I know there is going to be one camera about, let alone a week's worth of cameras, which is what I was dealing with doing a bit of the European stuff, I would try and lose weight. That's my absolute safeguard," he said.
    The most "horrific" thing was getting caught with his shirt off?!? huh? He needs to get his priorities in check I think.

"The most horrific thing that happened when I got caught out in L.A. was that I got photographed with my shirt off and I was fat.
    Maybe I'm missing something.

Jason
    give me a break...everything he ever sang with Wham was gayer than Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride...

no way 1st gay song!! Damn, I was one sexy slut on the dance floor anytime "I Want Your Sex" blasted at the club!

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    "Talk about body fascist and homophobic. It was like saying, 'Can you imagine two worst things than being fat and gay?'"
    F U George! You probably gained 5 lbs

I guess he's got his pronouns in order this time. He instead of she.

Sheesh!

GA

Jasun
    The first gay song? uh-huh.

let's see.

"Outside" is about ahving sex in public parks, which straight people are so often known to do.

"Wake me up before you go-go" just screamed "I sleep with women", didn't it?

"Enjoy What you do" was about the fun he had with "The Boys I meet down on the line".

""Bad Boys" didn't seem to mention any girls at all. It did mention that "Bad Boys Stick Together", though.

"Father Figure" and that irritating "Teacher" song from the late 80s were all about doing it with girls.

maybe I missed something.

And really, after that "Listen without Prejudice" album where every song was about how awful his old music was and how all his old fans were losers and how he promised never to do drivel like he did before, I lost any interest in him i may have had. (I will admit once, and only once, that I did go through a pop-music phase back in 1986-88)

And after he kept insisting he was straight and was dating super models and then once his career was beginning to sound the a digital sample of a toilet being flushed he suddenly came out and tried to reinvent himself.

Oh well.

I'd like to point out that Rob Halford from Judas Preist came out in the early 90s, never claimed to be dating super models, never wrote songs about girls (one of the few commercially successful metal bands in the 80s to have no "Girls Girls Girls" songs) and never made any attempt to seem anything other than gay.

so there.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i didn't like the song at all