Thread: No More Snow

gaybucks_skyler

No More Snow

I think I live in Alaska not Michigan.

It has been literally bitter cold for the past two weeks… like -5 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit. With wind chills in the negative 30’s. its super shitty.

And now… it just dumped a TON of snow… Like I almost died 10 times today, and I have been late to everything all day, and I got stuck in my own driveway! This makes me miss my SUV tremendously.

All those pics and articles in the news that you see about the ridiculous snow… yeah that’s here!

Sorry, I just needed to rant about that really quick… anyone else affected by this wonderful snowfall and needs to vent feel free…

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I just would like to point out that here in northern California it was about 65 degrees yesterday. Today, I had to put on a jacket for the first time in about 3 weeks, it was maybe 50. It has been raining, but hey, what's a little water

Seriously, though, from everything I've heard, it's been an insane winter in the east.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I'm from Southern Ca ... 65 degrees almost kills me

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I just noticed the "GB" in Gaybucks is designed to resemble a penis. I noticed the same thing with Dick Clark's "dc" logo a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    I just noticed the "GB" in Gaybucks is designed to resemble a penis. I noticed the same thing with Dick Clark's "dc" logo a few years back.
    Thanks for noticing, we spent a LOT of time on developing that logo

In addition to the penis reference, the arc on the left is a stylized male symbol, (circle with an arrow) and the arc on the right represents cash, and the two arcs together represent infinity.

After getting ripped off for $800 by the design firm associated with a very large gay network/publication who produced absolutely nothing usable in spite of detailed instructions (and then refused to return our money), the actual logo design was developed by a senior art and design student at a college in Texas, and actually drawn and implemented in Illustrator by the designer that did most of our DVD covers and print ads. Other than being ripped off for $800, I think the whole thing cost us about $200.

I feel your pain Skyler ... we can't even get out the back door much less the driveway. Drifts are topping 4 feet or better and the wind is still whipping it around. ... and of course the kid who usually shovels has a disconnected phone ... sigh.

We had 12" of snow yesterday here in Springfield. The drifts alongside my house were up to 4 feet high. I actually had to break them apart with a shovel before I could run the snowblower through them. I have a 100' driveway which took 3 hours to finish. Blah!!!

Xstr8guy
    People, people... MOVE for god's sake! America is a big place with lot's of open space still.

Oh right... most of those open spaces are inhabited by retarded rednecks. Nevermind. Winter storms may be a fair trade-off.

Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    We had 12" of snow yesterday here in Springfield. The drifts alongside my house were up to 4 feet high. I actually had to break them apart with a shovel before I could run the snowblower through them. I have a 100' driveway which took 3 hours to finish. Blah!!!
    I spent about 10 years in Oberlin, OH, a cute little college town of about 8,000 people. Fortunately, we were just far enough away from Lake Erie (about 7 miles) to not get the worst of the lake effect, but we still ended up getting blasted with snow and cold from time to time.

One of the points at which I decided I needed to move was the day I was leaving the house to teach a class during January term. It was about 0 degrees. My hair was down past my shoulders in those days, and I'd just showered. Between the front door and the door of my car (about 30 feet), my hair froze solid. It took several minutes once I got inside the classroom building for it to unfreeze again.

Yes, I do think you folks are a little crazy to keep putting up with the weather

How long have you been gay?
    I live in western mich and it has been snowing here every day for at least three weeks. A lot of it is lake effect snow too, so we get dumped on a lot. We've had one official blizzard, and the little we got from the storm yesterday was bad enough to be a blizzard as well. But today we got some sunshine. It was snot freezing cold, but it was sunny LOL

gaybucks_skyler
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I live in western mich and it has been snowing here every day for at least three weeks. A lot of it is lake effect snow too, so we get dumped on a lot. We've had one official blizzard, and the little we got from the storm yesterday was bad enough to be a blizzard as well. But today we got some sunshine. It was snot freezing cold, but it was sunny LOL

YOU LIVE IN WESTERN MICHIGAN?!?!

I grew up in southwest michigan... battle creek.

And now I live in Lansing.

Where are you at?

How long have you been gay?
    I grew up in Jackson and now I live in Kalamazoo.

We got another inch or two last night too. Lake effect snows are the worst. But I have to say that I would much rather have the snow than just gray skies and dead landscape to look at. Snow is a lot prettier

GWW Community Member Ethan Masters's Avatar
    Steve,

I would have come and helped you shovel out if i could have found my car. I park on the side of an alley by my house and the snow plows don't care if there's a car there or not... i had a 6 foot frozen drift pushed onto my car from this. We got about 15in at my house in NW Ohio. If nothing else i got a couple days off of work

Maccsta
    It just pisses it down all the time in the UK, I'd love to see some snow!

wildgirl
    glad we have no snow here..