Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verotel is charge to high amounts(?) from the users - NEED HELP URGENT

leatherboy

Boo Verotel is charge to high amounts(?) from the users - NEED HELP URGENT

It is not my interest to pillory Verotel with these thread. Verotel has ever billed for us reliable and on a good manner. But our current problem is important and I need a solution.

Due to the fact that Verotel is not answer on my e-mail requests regarding these problem I have no other idea than to post it here:

Verotel offers their Webmasters the possibility to set up different currencies on their website. We have set up US Dollar, Euro and UK Pound on our site. So: Users from the EU find the Euro on the sign up page. In our case 24 Euro for 1 month.

But: The Users find not the Euro on their Credit Card statement! Instead Verotel is charge around 33 US Dollar on the Credit Card Statement. And the user's credit card company ( for EU Users ) must exchange again these US Dollar amount back to the Euro. And these results in ca. 26 Euro! The users pay 2 Euro more than specify on the sign up page.

This is not good! The users interpret these as fraud!
    We have not many but at least some protests within the last days and I have full comprehension for this. When we show 24 Euro on the site then the user should pay 24 Euro and not 26 Euro! This is not correct I think.

I cannot understand: Why offers Verotel to their webmasters the possibility to set up different currencies when they charge the users in any case in US Dollar? This is paradox - or not? Why charges Verotel the EU User (eg from Germany) in US Dollar? Wicked tongues can think that Verotel makes a additional benefit on this way.

And absolute strange is the fact that Verotel is charge FROM THE NETHERLANDS! I have sign up by self for our site with Credit Card and I have not paid the additional 1,5% for payments to foreign countries (outside the EU). This says clearly: They charges from the EU, named Netherlands. But in US Dollar!

Why should a dutch company charge their customer in US Dollar? They must know that all credit card companies within the EU must exchange again these in Euro with the result that the user must pay more.

I don't know the reason for Verotel's strange proceeding and I don't know if this was in the past time ever so ( I mean not ) - but I need a solution or better a response from Verotel. When we set up all and only to the Euro: Do you charge then our EU Users actual in Euro? What is then with the US Customers? Do you charge them also in Euro or in Dollar?

Without any response we must willy-nilly reduce the amounts on Verotel so that the users pay in the end 24 Euro.

Thanks
    Peter

maxpower
    Verotel has Live 24 hour support, just login and hit HELP. I am sure they can help you, but its the dollar fluctuations I bet.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats one of the costs of doing business in multiple currencies.

You'll actually find that sometimes your customers are billed less than their membership too because of exchange rates.

Regards,

Lee

leatherboy
    @maxpower:
    Verotel Live Support?
    I have seen this also ago some months but now I can't find any offer on their site. Not on the free pages and not in the webmaster area.
    It seems that they have finished,their live support. The only way is an e-mail and on this I get no answer. Their webmaster forum inside is also closed since several months.

@Lee
    I have absolute no problem with differences due to exchange.
    But this is not the point here. Verotel is charge from their company residence in the netherlands. And in the Netherlands is current the Euro the currency. Why charge Verotel their EU Users in US Dollar? This is the question here when they publish and specify the Euro on the sign up page.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherboy View Post
    @Lee
    I have absolute no problem with differences due to exchange.
    But this is not the point here. Verotel is charge from their company residence in the netherlands. And in the Netherlands is current the Euro the currency. Why charge Verotel their EU Users in US Dollar? This is the question here when they publish and specify the Euro on the sign up page.
    CCBill is in the US and i can charge my members in Euros.

If you dont want Verotel billing your members in Dollars, change processors.

Regards,

Lee

leatherboy
    Thanks for this Tip:
    We have CCBill already on our site as our (new since Jan.) main biller. But we have found only the possibility to charge in Euro on the payment way "direct debit" ( debit direct from the bank account ) .
    For credit cards we can charge only in US Dollar for all countries.

Maybe we have understand it wrong on CCBill.
    Let me know: Is it possible to charge Credit Card Users from the EU in Euros?

maxpower
    @maxpower:
    Verotel Live Support?
    I have seen this also ago some months but now I can't find any offer on their site. Not on the free pages and not in the webmaster area.
    It seems that they have finished,their live support. The only way is an e-mail and on this I get no answer. Their webmaster forum inside is also closed since several months.
    I did look and they are not around for some reason? has been awhile, but never found them that hard to get in contact with. I am sure it will get worked out they are #3 even in the US

davespeedoevans
    I changed from Verotel to CCBill about 18 months ago for the same problem you are getting regarding support. Most of the time I ended up calling them - which I had to do during their office hours.

maxpower
    OMG you guys are worse than old women somedays, I went back to the site, and my Verotel Rep says to tell you Wazzz UP!!! Just Login at the top left you will see HELP, 25 seconds later you should be talking to someone. :frog:

I have emailed Robbert at Verotel on your behalf and included a link to this thread so that he may respond.

Best
    Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

leatherboy
    @maxpower
    Thanks for compliment. I have found now the word help (in font size 1) and a new window has open: "A merchant customer service representative will be available shortly". Now I wait for 10 minutes but I am sure that the next minutes someone from Verotel will respond.

@ArmpitLover
    Thanks.

leatherboy
    Wait now 1 hour for a reaction in the Verotel's Merchants live Help. No response. No REP. What a pity! I am log out now from there. Also no respond here yet from Verotel and no e-mail.

I will try it again by another e-mail to Verotel.

maxpower
    I talked to them a 2nd time today just a second ago and between you an me man, I think your right. Seems they know its you and just don’t give a shit! :turddance:

I might also have a nother suggestion, possible typing something in the box sometimes helps

leatherboy
    Thanks for your help.
    If so: I don't know what I have done Verotel. I never had problems in the past with Verotel and I really rare participate on forum threads. This is the first time I have a public problem and this only due to the non-response from Verotel.

maxpower
    Thanks for your help.
    If so: I don't know what I have done Verotel. I never had problems in the past with Verotel and I really rare participate on forum threads. This is the first time I have a public problem and this only due to the non-response from Verotel.
    It was a joke man they are not sitting over their blowing you off, your making a mistake someplace. Let me walk you though it.

First Login to the webmaster area
    Then click the Help text at the top right.
    A page will open and very shortly a chat window.
    Type something in the Chat window, Like Max says Hi
    I am sure once they see my name, they will do everything they can to make all your dreams come true.