Thread: Constructive critique needed

AFRevenue

WTF? Constructive critique needed

Hi,
    please critique new concept, creativity and design of my paysite
    http://www.gaybdsmclub.com [last modified today]
    Don't be descreet in your sentences

Jasun
    My only comment or question would be about the type of guys you use. I can say that those of us here who have any inkling towards any kind of BDSM thing would run screaming from the room at the sight of a itsy-bitsy-teeny-weenie-twinky like the guys you're using as models.

I mean, they look like children, and there really isn't such a thing as children into bondage.

Or they're rare to say the least.

If you want to do a BDSM thing, I'd suggest using stronger looking guys. I don't think guys that small could subdue a puppy, let alone somebody old enough to be having sex.

i disagree. i was into bdsm when i was 15, and so were 18 year old guys i knew - and some of them were gay. the guys on this site, however, look pretty young. have you personally seen all the i.d.'s and seen that they really look like the models you're using?

i think the layout is sweet - looks really good. i still feel (as i said on the other board) that the text is just not very good, and some of it doesn't make sense.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The site reminded me instantly of the strip club we went to on the first day of The Phoenix Forum.

There was a cute twinkish looking guy there in a FULL bondage setup.. collar... chains... the works.

I think everyone in our group was a bit shcoked to see it considering the 'stereotype' for the bondage scene is older guys.

Whilst i think you have a good concept for a site i honestly think the age of the models you are using may distract from the sales you are hoping to acheive because of the age group.

This is just my $0.02 so dont take it personally, overall though i think the industry does need to see some more good fetish male sites

Regards,

Lee

AFRevenue
    Originally posted by basschick
    have you personally seen all the i.d.'s and seen that they really look like the models you're using?
    Of course. I've seen their documents personally. Photos on documents really look like their faces ( when they are without masks, of course )
    Younger of them is 23 years old. They aren't boys, just look young.

kewl! i think if you get that text re-written, you have a winner on your hands. it may not sell to the normal gay bdsm crowd, but i think there is a group to whom it will sell quite well.

AFRevenue
    Signup ratio was ~1:60 yesterday.
    On targeted gaybdsm traffic...
    Much better than previous design.

Xstr8guy
    The tour is freaking beautiful. I would love to promote a sponsor site like this... but with men, not boys. Can you do another site like this with older guys?

Oh yeah... the text is awful. Get someone to write you new text. May I suggest Dzinerbear? He writes great text.
    Last edited by Xstr8guy; 04-18-2004 at 10:38 AM.

Bell
    there are things I like about the site and things I don't...

I especially like the special effect on this page:
    http://www.gaybdsmclub.com/tour2.html

if you need to use the content you have there
    of the boyish lookng bdsm models - - - the I suggest
    you throw in some text about college boys and hazing
    rituals taken to the leather level... etc...

I most definitely think the text on ALL your sites
    needs re-done...

especially here:
    http://www.afrevenue.com/

but also on these two:
    http://www.americanfatties.com/
    http://www.gaybdsmclub.com/

I like the concept of the sites...
    and I like the special effects and clip art extras on
    this one:
    http://www.americanfatties.com/

would you like for us to take a look at the members
    sections of either of your sites ??

we'd be happy to help you there as well...

welcome in to our board...
    we hope you will stay and make yourself comfortable...
    and ask whatever you want...
    we are a friendly bunch here - and happy to help...

~Bell

TopBucks_Juan
    Originally posted by Jasun
    they look like children, and there really isn't such a thing as children into bondage.

Or they're rare to say the least.

If you want to do a BDSM thing, I'd suggest using stronger looking guys. I don't think guys that small could subdue a puppy, let alone somebody old enough to be having sex.
    I would have to agree with Jasun here...it does look a little funny using twinks for BDSM. When I think of BDSM, I think of Muscle bound hunks, with Leather straps and harnesses. Leather Looks better on a tanned muscled body. But as far as the design of the site...It looks great.

BDBionic
    I think that just as BDSM is a niche with proven potential, so is twink/younger guy BDSM.

Take the watersports site I use, for example. My highest gross earner/converter/rebiller. Most of the time when you think about watersports and the guys in to watersports, waifish twinks and college jocks isn't what comes to mind. Leather bear types do.

But it converts furiously, and a tremendous percentage of those initial conversion rebill. Again, and again and again and again. Because they're untapped. Uncatered to. Unsatisified.

Same goes, I feel, with twink/college boy bondage/sm.

The approach that "BDSM should have the rougher, oldier, edgier guys" is why the vast majority of BDSM sites out there are just that. Which is exactly why a "diamond in the rough" type site could appeal so much. People are used to the older dude BDSM. They see that same context yet with twinks thrown in instead and it's something new that either:

1. appeals to a real interest they have and have had for a long time but that's not been catered to by almost all exisiting available material/sites/video lines.
    2. appeals to a latent or more subtle curiosity that's still enough to get them to convert, i.e. "hrmmm well this is different... I gotta check this out just to see it!"
    3. turns a tried and true twink lover in to a fresh new revenue source. We know there's an ample supply of twink-lovers out there spending money in certain places. A site like this could give them a reason to pull out the credit card after they stopped doing it for the other same old same old twink sites.

I think your tour is awesome.

I've wanted to promote a BDSM/bondage/fetish twink site beyond the watersports one I promote for awhile. But I've always held back from doing it because almost all of the ones I've seen just looked shady. The guys way too young, the company behind them obscure and unknown. And many were way too heavy on the hardcore rape action rather than just good old fashioned BDSM.

Keep posting around here, AFRevenue. Not being able to put a personality to those other sites I've seen has also been a big part of my refraining from promoting them. But I dig yours and just might give it a go

AFRevenue
    Thank you for your opinions
    I see now that my site still needs some work...
    but it sells very good now.
    Cause twinks BDSM is something new, I think...