Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "I hate gay people."

Xstr8guy

"I hate gay people."

Evidently Tim Hardaway is/was some significant sports guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," he said. "I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

What a lovely human being!

Wonder what the reaction would be if he was white and had said:

"You know, I hate black people, so I let it be known. I don't like black people and I don't like to be around black people," he said. "I'm racist. I don't like it. They shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Wonder what the reaction would be if he had said:

"You know, I hate black people, so I let it be known. I don't like black people and I don't like to be around black people," he said. "I'm racist. I don't like it. They shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."
    Well, he is african-american. So most people would think he was a self-hating black man. Lol. But then again maybe he's just a self-hating gay man.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Well, he is african-american. So most people would think he was a self-hating black man. Lol. But then again maybe he's just a self-hating gay man.
    Yeah I know he's african american... changed my post :groovy:

But the point remains... it's still ok to bash Gay people. I'm stating the obvious I know

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Whilst i think his remarks were pretty homophobic you actually do have to admire the guy for speaking his mind.. Something a lot of people no longer do in todays society $0.02

I see no fault with what he said because of 'how' he said it, doesnt change the fact he's still a biggot, but a biggot who says what he beleives non the less.

Regards,

Lee

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Wonder what the reaction would be if he was white and had said:

You know what is sad, is that coming from someone belonging to a race that fought one of the biggest human rights struggles in our country, he would be a little bit more open minded and understanding of others. Sometimes I just don't get how close minded some individuals are.

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    You know what is sad, is that coming from someone belonging to a race that fought one of the biggest human rights struggles in our country, he would be a little bit more open minded and understanding of others. Sometimes I just don't get how close minded some individuals are.
    I agree.

Almost as bad as some on the Gay side who hate/resent straight people. Or black people who hate/resent white people. Or some white people who hate/resent black people for hating/resenting white people. Or mexicans, arabs, on and on and on. It's just a big quagmire of nastiness :shitpoke:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    You know i hate to say it but...

Fighting against racial discrimination and fighting against gay rights should never be compared and i just dont understand why that is one of the main comparisons everyone makes when it comes to issues like this.

Yes it is an equal rights issue but at the same time, they are two totally different things.

You cant tell if someone is gay just by looking at them, you cant tell if someone is gay by their birth certificate, passport, drivers license, you cant tell if someone is gay by where they live (unless you count The Village of course ).

Being black and fighting for equal rights and being gay and fighting for equal rights just cant be (and should never be) compared, blacks got a lot more shit than we ever have or ever will...

You dont go walking around and seeing gay guys (or women) hanging from trees every day.

You dont see gays being made to drink out of their own water fountains.

You dont see gays being told to ride at the back of a bus or to use a different bus stop alltogether.

You dont see gays holding low paying jobs because they are gay.

You dont see gays not being allowed to vote.

You dont see gays cleaning up after their white 'masters' because they are gay....

There is a huge difference between the two fights for equal rights and i personally wish the comparison between the two would stop.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You know i hate to say it but...

Fighting against racial discrimination and fighting against gay rights should never be compared and i just dont understand why that is one of the main comparisons everyone makes when it comes to issues like this.

Yes it is an equal rights issue but at the same time, they are two totally different things.
    They are compaired because they both have similar core issues: Discrimination, Stereotypes, and negative moral subsets.

The reason minorities are discriminaed against is not because of their color, but the stereotypes perpetuated casting minorities as a certain "type" of person with negative moral subsets (criminal, drug user, promiscuous, inferior, etc.).

The reason LGBT's are discriminaed against is because of the stereotypes perpetuated casting LGBT's as a certain "type" of person with negative moral subsets (Drug user, promiscuous, inferior, *********, etc.).

That's why religious people say "don't hate the sinner, hate the sin" They don't hate Gay people or minorities, they just hate what they do - that's the similarity :bunny:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

They are compaired because they both have similar core issues: Discrimination, Stereotypes, and negative moral subsets.

The reason minorities are discriminaed against is not because of their color, but the stereotypes perpetuated casting minorities as a certain "type" of person with negative moral subsets (criminal, drug user, promiscuous, inferior, etc.).

The reason LGBT's are discriminaed against is because of the stereotypes perpetuated casting LGBT's as a certain "type" of person with negative moral subsets (Drug user, promiscuous, inferior, *********, etc.).

That's why religious people say "don't hate the sinner, hate the sin" They don't hate Gay people or minorities, they just hate what they do - that's the similarity :bunny:
    But Squirt, they arent similar by any stretch of the imagination, thats my point, plus we arent talking about the religious zealots are we, we're talking about 'real' people who realize that stories in a 1000 year old book arent actually 'gospel'

Regards,

Lee

You dont go walking around and seeing gay guys (or women) hanging from trees every day.

You dont see gays being made to drink out of their own water fountains.

You dont see gays being told to ride at the back of a bus or to use a different bus stop alltogether.

You dont see gays holding low paying jobs because they are gay.

You dont see gays not being allowed to vote.

You dont see gays cleaning up after their white 'masters' because they are gay....

There is a huge difference between the two fights for equal rights and i personally wish the comparison between the two would stop.

Funny how you wish the comparison between the two would stop after making such a long list comparing the two

We could make a list a LOT longer of LEGAL discrimination against Gay people as of today in the year 2007, obviously. Yes we all know we are at the bottom rung and even convicted murders, pedophiles and rapists have more rights then a Gay man :angel:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

But Squirt, they arent similar by any stretch of the imagination...
    How so ?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

desslock
    There's nothing out of the ordinary about Blacks opposing gay equality. Perhaps it's because people assume that people of color just naturallly embrace the civil rights idea, whilst all mean people are supposed to religious fundamentalists.

Look back to 2005 to the Texas state wide constituonal amendment election which forbade same same marraige. One of the more interesting statistics was was the state's heavily black counties voted overwhelmingly for it.

Jefferson County is 34% black, and a true blue coller, trade union area on the Gulf of Mexico right next to Louisiana. It includes Beaumont and Port Arthur, and also happens to be the nation's favorite federal court venue for trial lawyers bringing class action tort lawsuits against corporations.

The amendment to ban same sex marriage passed in Jefferson County by 84%.

Many Blacks just have the same problems and feel the same stereotypes as anyone else. I'm not defending them.

I've known a number of gay black guys who get pretty weird about being out to their family. Lots of them come from Baptist church upbringings. And a lot of them get resentful when they see gays jumping on their civi rights movement.... tieing Hate Crime Bills to theirs, or getting really irate when you compare same sex marriage to their movement for interracial marraige in the 1960s.

But it points up one of the annoying things many gay rights organizations do, which is form "coalitions" All this does is associate the movement with people who aren't particularly supportive, while ignoring others who could be.

Steve

How so ?
    Because one group is, and always has been, able to vote for one thing.

You simply cant go around saying...

'Look this is what happened with this minority group, and this is exactly whats happening with us'

Especially when we have MANY more rights than that other group did.

What would you rather be, gay right now, or black 50 years ago?

Id choose gay right now without a second though, even though i cant 'marry' id still be able to vote, still be able to go out publicly without fear of being killed, etc etc etc

As i said, comparing the fight of the black rights movement and that of the gay rights movement just isnt a fair comparison because like it or not, 'we' have a much, much better deal than the blacks ever did.

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    What would you rather be, gay right now, or black 50 years ago?
    That depends on where you live. I'd rather be a black person in Harlem in 1961 than a gay man in Laramie Wyoming today.

Id choose gay right now without a second though, even though i cant 'marry' id still be able to vote, still be able to go out publicly without fear of being killed.
    Walk the streets arm-in-arm with Gary in about 90% of this country and see how long it is before you are assaulted.