Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDA advice

PDA advice

i've decided i need something small enough to fit in my backback with everything else so i can do some writing while on the road. i figure a pda and a folding keyboard are just the ticket. anyone got any recommendation as to which rock or which to avoid?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I have a Nokia E62. Its small, not to expensive and has Microsoft word, excell, adobe pdf viewer, real player, a file zipper, and notepad. It also has near high speed internet! Mine cost about 150 on a upgrade through cingular.

As a matter of fact, I am posting this message with it.

I love my PalmOne Treo, its small, has a full thumb-board and its a phone too!

cheers,
    Luke

will either or both of these accept a folding keyboard? i don't even want to THINK about writing an entire site review or blog using a thumbboard **

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Hey Patti! I looked it up, and found this wireless keyboard for the E62
    http://www.nokiausa.com/accessories/item_details/1,8994,product:SU-8W|phone_code:E62,00.html

Its $149 and looks like it works on the phone from the nokia site... I guess I will be ordering a keyboard now

Xstr8guy
    This is the sexiest thing I've ever seen! But the cost is a little prohibitive.

i couldn't imagine typing up reviews on any pda - sounds like you need one of those mini-laptops like this one http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

nah, i don't need a laptop. i want something really really small...

blumblumshub
    I would also recommend the Nokia E62, it's damn sexy and makes it clear to everyone on the train that OMG U MEEN BIZNISS. Or something.

And hi Basschick, long time no chat

oh, hi blum! how ya been doing and what brings you to these parts? hope to see ya around here - it's a busy board with some nice folks.

guys, not looking for a phone. i have a phone and i would prefer not to run down the batteries doing hours of writing.

i'm looking for a PDA or a tiny computer that works easily with a folding keyboard and is small enough to be thrown in my backpack without taking all the space up. i can pack up my guitar or my bass and go off the the beach or the park and spend the day playing and writing.

How long have you been gay?
    Do you need one with internet connection?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    This is the sexiest thing I've ever seen! But the cost is a little prohibitive.

I might be getting one of those later today

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Patti,

I have a Palm One with a folding keyboard. It's fine for typing entries into my daily log, but I can't imagine typing anything long or for very long on this keyboard. The keys are completely flat and it's difficult to get any kind of rhythm going. The board is also not quite as wide as a standard keyboard without the number pad.

I can't even imagine how you'd use it in a car.

On average typing in something like "Write Hot Desert Knights Review" into my diary will get me at least four typos that I have to correct. And I know how to type. Learned the old way on a standard typewriter.

I can tell you with 100% assuredness that you will throw any PDA against a wall after typing on review on a portable keyboard.

Michael

doesn't really matter - i have high speed on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Do you need one with internet connection?

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I might be getting one of those later today

Regards,

Lee
    For real? Is Gary being super generous for your birthday? Please share you experience with it.

I'm so jealous!