Thread: PPV (Pay Per View) And VOD (Video On Demand) Questions...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

PPV (Pay Per View) And VOD (Video On Demand) Questions...

With companies like AEBN / Maleflixxx / NakedSword / XOD etc, do they actually 'own' the content being streamed in their theatres or do they license it on a per minute basis from the original producers?

Im of the opinion that these types of companies are possibly losing out on a lot of revenue if they are actually licensing and paying studios based on how often their movies are watched on these types of system.

I just wondered if any of you folks had your titles in a PPV providers site and if so, what kind of percentage split is being used for them leasing your titles?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    I honestly don't know. But I suspect most of the producers will NOT license their movies outright for a single fee. I believe it is a revshare deal with the producers. Many of the movies you see on VOD/PPV are not available to license from sources like WWC and AdultLegal. They probably wish to keep the content more exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just wondered if any of you folks had your titles in a PPV providers site and if so, what kind of percentage split is being used for them leasing your titles?
    I've been looking into putting some of my stuff on PPV/VOD and contacted NakedSword last week via their online form and ICQ to Holly.. but no response from anyone yet.. I'll let you know what I find out, if anyone gets back to me :vanish:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    They all operate on a revenue share basis. The studio/producer gets a % of sales from their content. I don't know of any major VOD/PPV operator that licenses the films outright for a flat fee.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanmen View Post
    They all operate on a revenue share basis. The studio/producer gets a % of sales from their content. I don't know of any major VOD/PPV operator that licenses the films outright for a flat fee.
    Which makes you wonder why they dont do that.

If you think about it, some of the figures i have heard that studios are making from each title, on a monthly basis, would make it worthwhile for the PPV provider to just license the title outright.

If not outright, maybe even on a 'lease to own' type deal, whereby after the studio makes $X amount per title, the VOD service provider then has a fully paid streaming license for that title.

Regards,

Lee

the queerest straight girl in the world...
    Lee,

It is all on a percentage basis, and the percentage is LOW. A studio's percentage of the sale is from 20-25%, and a studio that uses a premade movie theatre and sells its own movies using NakedSword/MALEFLIXXX etc makes only 35-50% tops (50 percent is if we agree to go exclusive...).

Sure - its another revenue stream, but as a company that produces, we are not jumping up and down at the probable monthly payouts on this - we are currently looking at this as a possible way to reinforce our branding, but 20% of the sale is not a real incentive for us to get moving on it anytime soon.

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    Maleflixx simply pays a % of total sales 20 non-exclusive 25% if you are exclusive to them. I have several of my older wrestling videos available through maleflixx, and the checks each month are decent, not going to make me rich, but it pays for my food and bar tab each month at my golf club.It gives my production company more exposure, i am sure i get a number of members to my sites, as well as customers ordering DVD's from my store page as a result of first seeing one of my videos on maleflixx, so there is a residual effect to it.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun View Post
    Lee,

It is all on a percentage basis, and the percentage is LOW. A studio's percentage of the sale is from 20-25%, and a studio that uses a premade movie theatre and sells its own movies using NakedSword/MALEFLIXXX etc makes only 35-50% tops (50 percent is if we agree to go exclusive...).

Sure - its another revenue stream, but as a company that produces, we are not jumping up and down at the probable monthly payouts on this - we are currently looking at this as a possible way to reinforce our branding, but 20% of the sale is not a real incentive for us to get moving on it anytime soon.
    totally depends upon the company that is putting our material up - we get from 20%-50% depending upon the deal we have struck with the provider

and, they can be flexible if the content is in a high paying niche eg: bareback chi ching!

jeffmaleflixxx
    We don't own the content that we have up on maleflixxx.tv. Think of us as more of a distributor of content in a digital fashion. We are just one of potentially many revenue streams a studio may have like their hard copy DVD sales or other VOD provides. We would rather leave the talent of producing these movies in the hands of people that know that world better, what we like to stick to is marketing our studios titles in the VOD world. We also have a cable channel in Canada and mobile deals in Europe as another means to distribute content.

As a little plug we are on the look out always for great content - Drop us a line if you have content you would like us to license.

Cheers,