Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Running Vista Yet?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Running Vista Yet?

The reason i ask is tht it looks like my new laptop is going to come with Vista instead of XP (i asked if i could have XP only and they couldnt) so im wondering just how workable Vista is right now, anyone currently using the new OS?

Regards,

Lee

robin
    One of my hubby's boxes is running Vista and one of his new laptops is too for precisely the same reason. Up here, even a week before the release they weren't allowed to sell xp. how they managed to sell anything during that week I don't know.

He's using Vista on the laptop for one of his piano's I think and the box is hooked up to the TV for the web.

In any event it seems to work decently -- I've only used it a couple of times because my system is still on xp.

Dzinerbear
    The only thing I've really heard is that you can expect problems with your peripherals depending on how hold they are.

Also heard that Vista has a pirated software sniffer that uninstalls offending software. I don't know if that's all software or just Microsoft.

Michael

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    Also heard that Vista has a pirated software sniffer that uninstalls offending software. I don't know if that's all software or just Microsoft.
    I would be really really shocked if that is the case. And if it is sounds like a new challenge for hackers to find a way to disable it.

xenigo
    My experience with it so far is that it seems extremely responsive, assuming of course that you've got rockin' hardware to support it. If you haven't invested in a current system with a Core 2 Duo processor or equivilent and at least 2 gigs of memory, and a relatively high end video card ($250+) it will seem a little sluggish.

GWW Community Member Ethan Masters's Avatar
    i bought a new laptop last week and it came with Vista. It's pretty, but definitely takes some time figuring out where everything is again. Seems like i've been working with XP so long that i got spoiled on knowing exactly where all the networking preferences and etc other options were at.

I've yet to have problems with it as far as bugs or crashes, but still trying to rename the damn workgroup, heh.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Masters View Post
    i bought a new laptop last week and it came with Vista. It's pretty, but definitely takes some time figuring out where everything is again. Seems like i've been working with XP so long that i got spoiled on knowing exactly where all the networking preferences and etc other options were at.
    I had the same problems when the dreaded 3.11 and the '95 upgrades happened, took me about 2 months to get used to the new interfaces LOL

Well at least it doesnt sound as bad as some people online would have you beleive

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    The only things I've heard of is that people have had problems with Flash and any Macintosh product (Itunes, Quicktime, etc). It seems that Adobe nor Macintosh had any chance to play with it before it came out.

i tried it out on some laptops at staples and bestbuy. i managed to crash it almost immediately playing a video game i play here on an average pentium4 3gig processor. on the lesser computers, it was sluggish as mentioned, and it froze on one of them. it also felt "dumbed down" to me with lots of cutesy features designed for - i assume - teenage gils who like barbie and pink.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    I used the various beta versions since August of last year...I was not impressed. I agree with you that it seems to be a dumbed down version of XP and really has no "WOW" as Microsoft's adverts have been pushing. After waiting 5 years you really would expect more...big disappointment.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

How long have you been gay?
    I've had my laptop since Jan 30 when Vista came out. I had only 2 real problems, I couldn't connect to my print server and it took me awhile to find a zip program. Otherwise, I actually like it. I like the new look, the updated fonts and icons. It took me a couple of days to break it in, but since, I've not had any problems whatsoever. And I haven't had to download drivers for anything so far.

My biggest bitch is Rhapsody doesn't have their DRM upgraded to work on Vista LOL.

blumblumshub
    Won't be getting it for quite some time. I don't trust Microsoft. Even if you don't see the bugs, I'm sure they're under the floorboards!

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xenigo View Post
    My experience with it so far is that it seems extremely responsive, assuming of course that you've got rockin' hardware to support it. If you haven't invested in a current system with a Core 2 Duo processor or equivilent and at least 2 gigs of memory, and a relatively high end video card ($250+) it will seem a little sluggish.
    On a high-end system I assume every OS seems extremely responsive.

0.02€
    :-D

timothyb

Yeah

I switched to Mac OS... and I'm not lookin' back

all I can tell you is that we've had a wave of customers calling us with tech probolems, and the bulk of them have just installed Vista and now windows Media player won't work.

You'd think that at least Microsoft could make the Windows Streaming for Windows Media Player work for the new Window operating system?:heartu:
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.