Thread: Flash rich websites

sXeRyan

Flash rich websites

How does everybody feel about flash rich websites - I've been working in Flash for almost as long as I've been working in HTML and whenever I take up designing a new site I always lean towards using Flash over anything else.

So what's everybody's $0.02 on flash based paysites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Dont do it.

With recent changes in how IE handles flash you are forcing the surfer to click at least 2 times on every link or flash element to have them even work.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Yes Flash is horrible at navigation, or any kind on interactive functions $0.02

Making Pain Pay!

SEO and Flash

I have also read in my SEO for dummies book that it is difficult to get good search engine optimatzation with sites that include flash intros.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    not interested in "flash!" , i find it a "distraction" from what i'm trying to sell!

sincerely ~ ..." i put a spell..err..pic on you , and now your mine!"... :fool:

Xstr8guy
    Used in very sparing amounts, Flash is fine. I would never use it for navigation or for important elements in a design.

flash-rich websites don't sell as well - don't know why. a few really spectacular flash sites changed to html. when i asked why, they said they weren't making the sales. flash banners never click as much for some reason - we even compared a flash banner to a gif that was visually indentical and the flash didn't click as well. maybe 'cause they now take 2 clicks in ie rather than 1?

and i hate going to sites with flash navigation when i do reviews. i have to click once to get the navigation working before i click. eek!

I agree with Xstr8guy. Using flash sparingly is fine.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

How long have you been gay?
    I'm actually a fan of flash. I like the interactivity it can provide to a website. But, I haven't tested a flash site vs an html site when it comes to sales. I'm going to have a site developed with flash elements soon so I can test however.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    When I go to a site that has some nifty Flash intro that somebody has paid a bunch of money to create, I ALWAYS click "skip intro" because whatever I'm there to do... buy a product, read an article, etc... the Flash intro never helps me accomplish that goal.

Pretty, yes. Practical and helpful, not usually.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    more trouble than it's worth.

now you mention it, the first thing i do when i get to a flash intro is look for the "skip intro" link. half the time, these intros go on and on and on and i just want to find out what i need to know, buy what i need to buy and get on with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    When I go to a site that has some nifty Flash intro that somebody has paid a bunch of money to create, I ALWAYS click "skip intro" because whatever I'm there to do... buy a product, read an article, etc... the Flash intro never helps me accomplish that goal.

Pretty, yes. Practical and helpful, not usually.

blumblumshub
    Flash is a wonderful tool for tutorials and presentations, but as a main feature of a website it's a dead horse. It distracts from the point of the website and makes SEO almost impossible without very good supportive html and text, and if you're putting that much effort into your supportive html you might as well go the whole hog and do the full site in html, in my opinion.

Generally, if I'm surfing or looking for something and come across a site that's in Flash I'll hit my back button before it's finished loading, and look somewhere else.

Sorry to be so negative.