Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Open Thread

maxpower

Open Thread

I created this open thread to allow a open and flowing discussion. Also I did not want to create yet another JUB thread, but would like to know what everyone thinks about them today.

I really do try to watch what I say about these guys in the stupid belief they would work with me someday, but in resent days this is really wearing thin. :innocent:

How is JUB wearing you thin?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Making Pain Pay!

I only know one thing...

Well, I only know one thing about JUB. Last January I ran my first ad with them after meeting John at the GayPhoenixForum. My revenues have increased very well, and that is the only thing different I have done...so....

My thought is don't advertise in JUB Magazine.

(So the rates will do down, and I will get a better deal because I love them.)
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    How is JUB wearing you thin?
    I take it you dont send them sites at all then or you would know man

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Don't take it personally. I have bought a few hundred dollars in ads in the last few months and I still can't get my site listed.

I am assuming they are overwhelmed.

Funny, my checks get cashed though...

(And I still love the results I get with their print magazine.)
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Well, I only know one thing about JUB. Last January I ran my first ad with them after meeting John at the GayPhoenixForum. My revenues have increased very well, and that is the only thing different I have done...so....

My thought is don't advertise in JUB Magazine.

(So the rates will do down, and I will get a better deal because I love them.)
    Well maybe they might have helped you make a few sales man (but sounds like their is no way to tell), but its like working with the devil you know in the end what’s going to happen.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Don't take it personally. I have bought a few hundred dollars in ads in the last few months and I still can't get my site listed.

I am assuming they are overwhelmed.

Funny, my checks get cashed though...

(And I still love the results I get with their print magazine.)
    The print magazine, might be the only thing worth dealing with then. I might check it out, but I have paid them in the past for listings, and it just makes me feel like a prostitute or something. Just thinking about it makes me want to go take a shower right now.

How do you mean sending them sites?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

maxpower
    Here is my JUB rant, I now I should not say anything but someone has to. If these guys don’t want to be apart of the community I do wish they would stop pretending to.

Well as many of you might know with-in a week of me submitting free sites to JUB, they decided they no longer want to take anyone’s free sites. They give some BS no template rule for this change, but we all should know their pattern by now and know what a load of crap that is. They are also removing almost everyone sites, so if you provided a link back to them in the past now would be a good time to remove it.

While they are so concerned with your free site, they have NP with cranking out a endless stream of 30-50 in-house image template sites (that look like a 3rd grader made them) to list in their directory. Sorry it just makes me mad when a site claims they care about the viewers when in fact they only care about being able to hire enough people to fill out their baseball team.

I know I should not say anything bad about a gay company, but I did see this coming for years now. I know I might be cutting my own throat as they will never work with me, but to tell the truth I have decided I will NEVER work with a company with such little regard for the webmasters hard work that made them who they are (or should I say where)

maxpower
    How do you mean sending them sites?
    LOL dose not mater much anymore, as they are no longer a directory

Here is my JUB rant, I now I should not say anything but someone has to. If these guys don’t want to be apart of the community I do wish they would stop pretending to.

Well as many of you might know with-in a week of me submitting free sites to JUB, they decided they no longer want to take anyone’s free sites. They give some BS no template rule for this change, but we all should know their pattern by now and know what a load of crap that is. They are also removing almost everyone sites, so if you provided a link back to them in the past now would be a good time to remove it.

While they are so concerned with your free site, they have NP with cranking out a endless stream of 30-50 in-house image template sites (that look like a 3rd grader made them) to list in their directory. Sorry it just makes me mad when a site claims they care about the viewers when in fact they only care about being able to hire enough people to fill out their baseball team.

I know I should not say anything bad about a gay company, but I did see this coming for years now. I know I might be cutting my own throat as they will never work with me, but to tell the truth I have decided I will NEVER work with a company with such little regard for the webmasters hard work that made them who they are (or should I say where)
    It sounds like they're making adjustments to their business model, which in this case is smart. Looks like they're protecting themselves in a changing environment and streamlining their content delivery system.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

maxpower
    It sounds like they're making adjustments to their business model, which in this case is smart. Looks like they're protecting themselves in a changing environment and streamlining their content delivery system.
    Or they have just FUCKED everyone that supported their site in the past. But as someone that has no idea they even listed free/avs sites, your option here is...............................

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If your sites werent getting listed anyway...

Whats the problem? :eek:

I have about 40-50 sites listed with them, ill give them a few weeks and if the sites that i have listed now are removed, ill edit my recip link PHP file and replace them with another site and re-submit to the new link list, no biggie.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If your sites werent getting listed anyway...

Whats the problem? :eek:

I have about 40-50 sites listed with them, ill give them a few weeks and if the sites that i have listed now are removed, ill edit my recip link PHP file and replace them with another site and re-submit to the new link list, no biggie.

Regards,

Lee
    Well they did just start to list my sites, I complied with every rule they could throw at me so they changed all their rules to prevent anyone from listing sites in their supposed directory.

What are you talking about when you said a New directory? Like a totally different company, ya sure you can replace their link with another companies, but that’s about all you and the thousands of other webmasters can do now

Or they have just FUCKED everyone that supported their site in the past. But as someone that has no idea they even listed free/avs sites, your option here is...............................
    I just don't see anyone getting fucked, as you put it.

Sites that were submitted to them before, and accepted, benefited from the traffic and made sales. Like Lee siad, now those same people will just submit somewhere else no biggie.

There are still ways to make money with JUB. Taking a closer look at their site I see there are free ways you can get traffic from them, if it's their traffic you want.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com