Thread: an unsolicited plug for a great server admin/tech person

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

an unsolicited plug for a great server admin/tech person

I've done almost all of the server admin, billing/affiliate config, and so forth for our sites for almost 5 years, but I'm getting too busy to deal with a lot of the day to day, and plus, it's really not a good use of my time.

In the past several months, I've finally found someone that I trust who is both very reasonably priced (about $35-45/hr, depending on what he's doing) and very fair with his billing.

He just resolved a persistent problem we were having between the CCBill/Paycom/NATS member management interfaces that had been bugging me off and on for months. He's also taken care of a (non-Gaybucks) box of mine that got hacked a few months back, handling upgrades/security/etc for us, and a lot of other things. He seems to always be available, almost 24 hours a day, when we need him, and you can buy an hour of his time or he'll fairly charge you by the project for whatever you need.

I just wanted to let people in the community know about him, because I hear people (those who aren't with Chilihost, of course!) complaining about how difficult it is to get good support.

He doesn't do a lot of support for adult clients at present, but is totally open to working with them, has good Linux admin knowledge as well as a solid understanding of PHP/MySQL, Smarty, and server security issues.

His name is Tom Whiting, and his website is www.linux-tech.net. I very highly recommend using him if you ever have any admin needs. Feel free to mention us if you hit him up.

Thanks for the post and info

It's nice to see threads referencing good contacts in the business :sunny:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

thanks! bookmarked this thread, added guy's contact info to my list - and read his hacker comics