View Poll Results: Do You Promote Mainly PPS Or Revshare Sponsors?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • PPS (Pay Per Signup)

5 19.23%
  • Revshare

17 65.38%
  • Both Evenly

4 15.38%

Thread: Do You Promote Mainly PPS Or Revshare Sponsors?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Promote Mainly PPS Or Revshare Sponsors?

I must admit i used to primarily promote PPS sponsors however, a few years back i switched over to a couple of revshare programs run by friends of mine and found that n the long run, revshare made me much more money than the quick buck on PPS did.

There are times when ill use PPS over revshare though, for example on galleries that im submitting.

What is your preferred payout option when it comes to choosing or promoting sponsors and why?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Frankly I prefer sponsors that offer both choices, simply because it allows me an opportunity to test the waters before I determine which to promote primarily, ie revshare, pps :kickcan:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    I do both. I prefer PPS but for some reason the best converting sites for me are the ones that are just revshare. Its a bit frustrating though to have a 12 sign up rather then getting the 30 or 35.

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    I really think you need a good mix. The recurring is great in the long term but it can take a while to get there. So while the recurring sets up your future, you still need some pps promotion for your cash flow.

blumblumshub
    Hehe, I actually find that I get rather frustrated with revshare if people don't rebill. "WHAT? I only made $14.50??? If I'd gone for PPS I'd have made a cool $35!!!"

I still use both methods, and in the longrun I think Revshare is the way to go, but I just can't seem to resist using some PPS!
    Blum

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by blumblumshub View Post
    Hehe, I actually find that I get rather frustrated with revshare if people don't rebill. "WHAT? I only made $14.50??? If I'd gone for PPS I'd have made a cool $35!!!"

I still use both methods, and in the longrun I think Revshare is the way to go, but I just can't seem to resist using some PPS!
    Blum
    If i copy and paste that post ill be sort of happy! Id delete the "in the long run" bit as ive not had enough experience. I know rev share is right but i feel down at making 12.50 sales when i can get upto 50 bucks elsewhere so i tend to build more sites for pps.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    (snip) but i feel down at making 12.50 sales when i can get upto 50 bucks elsewhere so i tend to build more sites for pps.
    The only thing I'd be cautious of is the $50 PPS. While there are probably a few programs on the up-and-up paying out at that level, I think you're asking to be shaved.

Unless the program is extremely confident about rebills or has a ton of other high-converting upsells, it's hard for the sponsor to make money at a $50 PPS. Now, I guess there's an argument that it doesn't matter how much they are shaving you as long as your conversion is decent, but on general principles, I would personally not want to work with a program that's marketing to its affiliates deceptively and/or cheating them out of sales that belong to them.

blumblumshub
    I would be wary of joining a program offering $50 a signup. Would want to know how much pressure was on the surfer to upsell. I believe in treating the surfer well, they are after all our bread and butter.

Shaving wouldn't really worry me because at the end of the day you never know who's shaving and who isn't, so losing sleep over it isn't really on my agenda.
    Blum

collegedudes247

agree with blumblumshub

50 seems really high and extremely confident. id be wary.

marcjacob
    We all know shaving happens and i used to get angry by it but as long as the ratios are decent i dont care now. If my top sponsor was caught shaving id still promote them as i still get great ratios.

You cant stop, you dont even know most of the time.