Thread: Webpadiwan?

Making Pain Pay!

Webpadiwan?

Ok, as some of you know, my business went from Brick and Morter to online last February. It has been a great year, and I am learning alot from being a part of this board.

I do not consider myself a webMASTER, as one quick look at our site would indicate that webNOVICE might be a better term.

In Star Wars....it goes something like this....

Padiwan --> Jedi Knight --> Jedi Master.

Am I a webpadiwan?

Or does the fact that I now earn 80% of my income via online versus traditional sales promote me to webknight?

More serious though, I was wondering at what point do you think someone deserves to be called a webmaster?
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

marcjacob
    IMO, the day you earn money from it your a webmaster.

A year and 80% of your income is online? Either you were earning fuck all from the bricks and mortar business or you've done EXTREMELY well.

If you've done that well, your a webMASTER.

Im still learning as i point out often . I've built up slowly, frustratingly so at times. If your learning that quick your doing brilliantly and id love to speak to you on icq

If you were earning nothing before, you still doing great as youve made it online bigger than before. Business is about changing to suit what people will pay for imo. I wanted to do paysites, I've made nothing so i did affiliate and did ok. You need to adapt.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    IMO, the day you earn money from it your a webmaster.

A year and 80% of your income is online? Either you were earning fuck all from the bricks and mortar business or you've done EXTREMELY well.

Well, we stopped shipping to retail stores except a small few, and now just do direct DVD sales and allow DRM protected rentals at our Tropixxxtv.com site. We launched our first paysite this past March, and it is doing decent, but not as well as I had anticipated. We are giving it an overhaul in the next month or two.

I would disagree however that as soon as you earn any money from an online venture that you are a webmaster, and perhaps the point I was trying to make is that there should be some way to differentiate levels maybe.

For instance, I have a friend that just started an adult site online. I dont think he has made $500 since last October...and he calls himself a webmaster. I am not sure he has even paid for the computer he bought.

Just a thought...but other industries have steps...

Automechanics have apprentace, tech, certified tech, master tech, etc. It would be nice to have something similar in the online world.

I know it would certainly help me in deciding who's advice to listen more closely too! :cyclist:
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

marcjacob
    My point about being a webmaster as soon as you make money is that being a webmaster can be at any level. The truth is that if you build a site for a hobby your a webmaster.

I agree with you, their should be a set of levels.

I would like to know if the person who gives me advice on here is making big bucks or not. I can give you advice but im a learner. Im honest, some people arnt.

I dont think thats what your getting at either though is it?

On a side point, its interesting that the best designed sites dont allways make the most money. Sometimes not being the webMASTER is better.

Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Am I a webpadiwan?

Or does the fact that I now earn 80% of my income via online versus traditional sales promote me to webknight?

More serious though, I was wondering at what point do you think someone deserves to be called a webmaster?

You are a webpadiwan

When you earn all of your income from the web.... you are a WEBMASTER

Feel the force Luke... you can do it Nicky :cash:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com